• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

More crack pipe ideas/ s60 seats in a 240

dirtbag240

More crack pipe ideas but

At the local pick a part there's an 04 s60 with 2 tone real leather bucket seats for 25$ cad a piece ( like 18 USD)

Is there any way to make em fit??

Dude simple, take a bendable ruler and measure around the back and bottom, take a needle. Be a fkn man and sew it.

You just have to figure a way to mate the new seat to the 240 seat rail frame. Maybe some welding or just drill and use nuts,bolts and lock washers to mate everything together.

Is there any way to make em fit??

I put 940 seats in a 240, we welded the brackets.

My GLH only need metal strips, bolts, and nuts to fit Recaro seats. Though welding would probably be cheaper.
pic52.jpg

pic56.jpg

My Insight required welding to fit RX8 seats.
IMG_20170520_155612.jpg

Yeah, 30s after turning the key, if you needed more time just flick the key again and another 30s. Worked fine.

You're lucky, I found some pics back from 2006 :)

I used the stock rails and welded some tube with a nut inside in place. Not the way I would do it today though but it worked fine.
Also crammed a S60 rear seat between the wheel tubs. Could've done a better job upholstering them, I used the leather that came off the side pieces.
In the last pic you can see the wiring I used for testing the seats, only put a switched 12V to them.

IMG_4709

IMG_4710

IMG_4711

IMG_4719

IMG_4720

IMG_4721

Mm okay looks good, I'm not going to worry about the rears as I have a wagon and making that work would be a pain me thinks

Did you only have to connect to a single power line or was it 12v to all of the 10 connections?

And if you could re do it how would you, as you said it wasn't the way you'd do it now?

Just a single line. Not sure which one. edit: I remember I got some wiring diagrams from a dealership back then.

I wouldnt weld the rear supports directly to the floor without reinforcement, or adapt the existing mounts. Cant remember how they look like anymore.

Last edited:
Back