• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pinion gear question

poulrais

Is a pinion gear the same between a 240 and a 740? A guy I know bought a 3.31 gear with the pinion and he notices that the pinion is different from his 740's.

The spline on the 240's is longer and the tips seems smaller. Could he use a 240 driveshaft flange with that pinion? The 240's is on the left:

Attachments

• 331_Spline.jpg
    331_Spline.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 81
Difference between 1030 and 1031 diffs? I don't think they're interchangable.

Well the pinions are dimensionally the same (length wise) but different from the spline part up to the end tip.

I will ask him what diff this gear and pinion was taken off from.

I ran into something similar. I got a 4.10 from Kjets. It all went together fine until I tried to put the pinion flange on. It is a specific flange for the pinion you have on the right. Gary ended up finding me one in the JY. What a hassle. I hope you have the pinion flange. (I did put that pinion from a 740 into a 1031 240 housing no problem)

Jordan

I ran into something similar. I got a 4.10 from Kjets. It all went together fine until I tried to put the pinion flange on. It is a specific flange for the pinion you have on the right. Gary ended up finding me one in the JY. What a hassle. I hope you have the pinion flange. (I did put that pinion from a 740 into a 1031 240 housing no problem)

Jordan

The 3.31 pinion gear is on the left of the picture...

Back