• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

kjet intake details

90volvo

I have 90 Volvo 240 +T. I have picked up a kjet intake that has the injector boss and mounting tabs. I have searched and searched but havent came up with answers. Heres my questions.

1. Fuel rail- found where someone used a b234 fuel rail, good luck finding one of those. Any ideas of what will work without a bunch of hacking.

2. Throttle linkage and cable. Found someone that used 82 throttle cable. NP there you can still buy them. But need idea of what to use for the rest of the setup.

3. I have an automatic trans. So, need way to attach the trans. pressure cable. Which if I get the throttle linkage figured out then the trans cable probably fit too. Hope I dont have to drop the pan.

4. My injectors seem to be reseased a quite a bit. Does the intake require different injector than the original style b230.

*** Is this intake worth all this trouble? Running b230 with RSI stage 1 cam- Npr IC- 3in. EXhaust- 19T turbo 20lbs boost- E85 chipped- AW71 trans-Big Thanks for any help.

Most of the b21 intakes that are modified use the b234f fuel rail.

You need a throttle spool for an auto car. I think the bracket for kick down cable(as b230 intake) is the same or may need one to from a b21 intake.

The injectors boss should be for a 14 mm body injector. Could be a different size was used.

The stock B21F automatic throttle spool and brackets will work with your setup. Is there a reason a B230F or B230FT fuel rail won't fit? Then you can use the later one with the shrader valve for fuel pressure testing. Another fuel rail that should fit is the early version like on a B23F with the regulator down low.

The stock B21F automatic throttle spool and brackets will work with your setup. Is there a reason a B230F or B230FT fuel rail won't fit? Then you can use the later one with the shrader valve for fuel pressure testing. Another fuel rail that should fit is the early version like on a B23F with the regulator down low.

ITs close to fitting but the FPR hits as well as the fpr mounting brackets. I tried shaving it down as small as I could but still no go. I do have another fuel rail that puts the fpr below the intake. It would work but no cold start injector? I saw the fuel rail in group buy forum. 400 but think the intake is included. I sent a pm to see if he would seperate. Other than that Im on a hunt for a b234 fuel rail. Thanks

Looking at the kjet manifold I can see why its better than a b230 mani. But the position of the throttle body is kinda puzzling. I would think it would cause turbulence. Ive thought about welding that opening up and move to the front of the plenum. But I cant weld aluminum and wonder if anybody has tried it. Just some fat to chew on. Anybody want a bite?

I have that goofy B23 fuel rail, pm me if you want it, takes a different FPR, I think I still have that too. I think it's 2.5 bar. I've also run the B21 intake with EFI injectors in the K Jet holes and it's definitely better seat of the pants than the the standard B230 intake. My normal fuel rail was in a different spot due to being in the k-jet holes and just shaved it enough to clear the intake

You can make a sheet metal plenum and move throttle body to the front. Similar to what yoshifab offers for the 16v b234f intake.

He needs a b234f fuel rail. The issue is whoever modified the manifold may not have designed it with that fuel rail in mind. Some people are using an aftermarket fuel where you can remote mount the fpr. I modified mine to be used with the b234f fuel and have no clearance issues.

36770309890_4ba669e6c4_c.jpg
36331514314_1664268276_c.jpg

Last edited:
Stock throttle body offers maybe as much sauce 8V head will deliver?

Yes it will. Based upon the research I found, the standard TB will support 350hp in a boosted application. That, and the benefit of "tip in" throttle response of the standard TB, which is driveable compared to the 960/850 larger TB. I run the OP's intake on my DD with an automatic trans.

350hp is not very huge... so ur upgrading the manifold for bigger horses and than downgrading small throttle bodies...

If you're making 350 bph, why bother with this manifold. At that point a custom or aftermarket manifold would work better for your big power goals.

350hp is not very huge... so ur upgrading the manifold for bigger horses and than downgrading small throttle bodies...

With the larger flange which NIW installed, you can run either the standard size TB or the larger 850/960 TB (which will support ~ 450hp). As was pointed out earlier, that power level is beyond the typical "streetable" 8V engine. This B21 NA intake is rumoured to provide ~ 15 more horses than the standard B230F intake...... but my search failed to find dyno proof showing a head to head improvement. It's just a piece of the 8V system, of which clearly the exhaust valve side is the choke point for high boost/flow.

My idea was to install S90 3inch throttle body any one has pics of this?

I recently made a couple of those adapters which I ordered together with my 960 adapter, they seemed really similair. I'm planning on using a 3inch cast aluminium 90deg to get it pointed at the front of the bay.

This is the 960 one sitting on the mani, where you can see the tps will foul, which the 90 degree elbow should fix.
b3NiqJMl.jpg

The 90 degree elbow's are dirt cheap, and give some better access for welding as well:-P

Back