• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

95+ B230ft swap into 93 244 HELP

Brick_itz

So I'm looking for any tips or help anyone can provide for this swap.
Car: 1993 244 B230f w/ AW70
Swap in process: 95+ B230ft squirter block out of a 95 940t, M46 from an 81 242.
So what all would i need to make this a reality? Already have a 2.4 flywheel and clutch to mate the ft with the M46. Have pedal box, crossmember, driveshaft from the 242.
Dont know what i should do as far as wire harness, ecu, fuel pump, intercooler, intercooler plumbing, relays and what not. First engine swap so i could use any help possible.

needs different driveshaft flanges
modify bell housing for CPS
need to drill firewall for clutch cable.
need to swap in an intermediate shaft with distributor gear if the T block doesn't have it.
get turbo ECUs
add resistor pack or use high res injectors.
lengthen AMM harness

or search for the hundreds of threads that have already beaten this horse to death.

shorten down pipe
get intercooler that fits

Intermediate shaft is good, ill swap the one from my B230f. as far as turbo ECUs, Should i use 940t ecu or try to find a late model 240t ecu?

Intermediate shaft is good, ill swap the one from my B230f. as far as turbo ECUs, Should i use 940t ecu or try to find a late model 240t ecu?

37wtvy.jpg

Ditch the M46 and keep the AW71L from the 940, for one thing; then do appropriate trans mods to hold all the power (accumulator shims, big transcooler)

Use the 940T ECU, there is no late model 240T. As was said before, there is a great wealth of info here about this swap, project threads are always a great place to look. When you get into the project and have specific questions or an unusual problem you will receive much better answers.

Back