• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I was too legit. Too legit to quit.

Got a thread on events, McKevitt Volvo, next Saturday, Oct in San Leandro. Our the following weekend there is a generic car meet up here is Sac that the Sac chapter is attending, fundraiser so it is 20 to reg.

Figure I will take the wagon next weekend, nicer on long drives, 140 the following weekend.

Passed smog with really good numbers. Gotta do something about the one tire fire now that it runs pretty strong :nod:

wwLvC0H.jpg

Last edited:
nABgYval.jpg

So....T5 injectors ARE apparently plug and play because I put a set in and the car runs :e-shrug: Already has a 3.0 bar FPR
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Intoa-8xLnM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Engine is pretty tired and leaky. Trying to find a low-mileage bottom end before Davis :nod:

Been happy with the rebuilt 15g. Think the stock turbo was blown? :lol:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GghTosbL4EM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
More Davis prep. 1/2 off weekend at pick n pull so I'm swapping my hydraulic mounts for the old style ones and replacing a control arm that got tweaked by a pothole a while back. A little rain doesn't stop a TB'er :nod:

sFNi8fJl.jpg

4ahzXzWl.jpg

Last edited:
Put the E-fan setup from my 242 in for Davis. Need to clean up and paint the radiator top and IC pipes once I R&D the fan for a couple days and test it out :nod: Excited for Davis if y'all can't tell :cool:

7V9nQggl.jpg

is it me or is the passengerside strut topmount installed backward? (L and R topmounts are not installed in the same orientation)
The effect would be less caster angle on the passenger side resulting in less grip in tight left turns. It also has adverse effect on straightline stability.
Easy fix: just jack up the car, maybe remove s/bar droplink, remove topmount nuts, somehow pull that strut downward, spin topmount around 180degr, put nuts back on, etc. Done.

Other then that: nice car!

Last edited:
is it me or is the passengerside strut topmount installed backward? (L and R topmounts are not installed in the same orientation)
The effect would be less caster angle on the passenger side resulting in less grip in tight left turns. It also has adverse effect on straightline stability.
Easy fix: just jack up the car, maybe remove s/bar droplink, remove topmount nuts, somehow pull that strut downward, spin topmount around 180degr, put nuts back on, etc. Done.

Other then that: nice car!

:oops::oops::oops:

You may indeed be right...I measured with a tram bar previously and the passenger side is indeed tweaked, but I will flip the mount around and see if the 'tweak' goes away. Definitely not above making a simple mistake like that. Thanks for the sharp eye! :nod: I'll post results in a few days...the car is going up on jack stands for a rear main seal, wheel polishing, and some suspension correction :rofl:

no worries, i have seen it before. I think it is a bit of a design error. Volvo should have designed that topmount so it would have 3 bolts in a triangle configuration. That way it would only be possible to install that topmount in 1 correct orientation.
Let us know if you can feel the difference.

no worries, i have seen it before. I think it is a bit of a design error. Volvo should have designed that topmount so it would have 3 bolts in a triangle configuration. That way it would only be possible to install that topmount in 1 correct orientation.
Let us know if you can feel the difference.

I will definitely report back with my findings :nod:

Time for rear main, distributor rebuild, motor mounts, tranny mount, other Davis prep...

y7W1sFS.gif

31653kEl.jpg

Thanks guys :wave: My roommate and I both came from pretty cluttered homes so we do our best to keep our place nice :cool:

Trying to keep myself on track for the show :run:

rSprua1l.jpg

So I scrapped the 22's my friend gave me, but saved the center caps and....they fit the Azevs! I'm grinding the STANCE logo off for sure. Also gives me an excuse to play with my new bench grinder :cool: Going to see if someone can make me some Volvo or Azev logos :nod: Giving my back a break today so I started messing with a little metal polish on the wheels and caps

9lJnzxvl.jpg

lPwUdYXl.jpg

qiUb9ool.jpg

Thanks guys! I'm for hire if you need your garage cleaned out :lol:

Got the TV/monitor off the work bench to free up some space. Used utility hooks because TurboBricks

GyKXQxwl.jpg

Instead of methanol or nitrous injection, I decided to go with Premium malt liquor instead. Will report back with power gains :cool:

X0ngGZtl.jpg

Back