• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

(Not*) Mediocre 242

That makes my life easy. Are the low and high beams not the same size? The h4 reflectors above are 190x132mm and the h1 reflectors are 164x103mm.

ObKYjfnl.jpg

I picked up a MS3 Pro last night. I've maxed out the microsquirt outputs and still want a few more features. I was also never totally happy with batch fire and wasted spark. It'll be nice to have full sequential ignition and injection as well as knock sensing capabilities.

I've made an excel sheet with the pinout and what I plan to do with each pin. Some of the stuff is for future use, but I'll put them in the harness now. If anyone cares to look at it, feedback would be nice to see if I'm forgetting something.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/25eie74cbn4nlqs/MS3Pro_Wiring.xlsx?dl=0

I don't know how new it is. It's definitely not the one they just released. I got it for a deal from a DIYAutotune distributor in Egypt who had a surplus, so I don't know much about it. I need to test it before my PayPal protection is over.

yeah power that thing up. what'd you end up paying for it (if you don't mind..)

never mind on the price. had the reply typed up and got side tracked lol

Last edited:
yeah power that thing up. what'd you end up paying for it (if you don't mind..)

never mind on the price. had the reply typed up and got side tracked lol

Ha. Yeah, not much cheaper, but enough to make me pull the trigger. I'll probably power it up later this week.

Ohhh, Ahhh, that's nice! Having a MegaSquirt with knock sensing, long term fuel trim, and a check engine light would be great. Anyone know how well these 3 extra features actually work?

I made a 48 tooth tone ring for my Truetrac for eventual digital dash speedo and traction control information. The axle is getting rebuilt this Friday hopefully for installation this weekend.

mITOUWNl.jpg

I've attached the dxf and Solidworks model I made to waterjet it because I don't think they should sold for as much as they are and I like open source stuff. The intrepid user should be able to make their own or have a shop cut it out for them. To get a nice interference fit I rolled it a couple times in the sheet metal roller. It should be ok without rolling if you heat it up a little and cool the differential. For what it's worth, I pushed my tone ring on by hand with no heat and can pick up the whole differential by it, so when it's fully installed no welding to the diff will be required.

Attachments

• Tone_Ring.zip
    206.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
After parts getting delayed a week due to bad weather in Portland, I finally got my axle back and installed. A local Jeep guy who has rebuilt upwards of 100 Dana 30s did the work for me. It was his first Volvo axle. He said the pinion nut is the same as some Toyota axle and one of the wheel bearing retainers is the same as some Ford. Other than those two things, everything else is the same as a Jeep. I was a little nervous about the tone ring interfering with the pinon because it's an early 1031 axle, but my fears were unfounded. The tone ring fits fine and I decided to tack it on just to be safe. I also didn't need to space the sensor at all. I haven't checked the signal, so I don't know if it's close enough, but it doesn't hit the ring. I'll see what it looks like when I wire up MS3 Pro.

I'm really happy with it. It's a night and day difference when compared to the open diff. I still don't have any traction though, especially when I launch. I need some bigger/better tires.

1FFmp9vl.jpg

y215wSrl.jpg

I haven't messed with the car at all lately, just driving it every day with no problems while I've been slowly collecting wiring parts. I finally have enough of those parts to start rewiring.

I made a box for ms3Pro and my fuse/relay box:

Df2779wl.jpg

xRFjVGbl.jpg

It just fits behind the kick panel:

3nKbsOfl.jpg

Last night I took the intake manifold off and removed all the microsquirt wiring. I want to clean up the stock wiring a bit and remove what I'm not using. What's the best way to get some wires out of the stock firewall pass through without messing up too much wire sheath?

ysGhofNl.jpg

2Bc1BuNl.jpg

Of4ew3cl.jpg

Also, does anyone know what each of these go to? I know one is for checking dwell and one is for activating the starter, but I don't know the rest. Worst case I just check through the greenbook.

oYp7tE0l.jpg

Back