• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LS 240 Front Spring Rate

Also very interested in this. I have JRZ Pro coilovers to install, I received the front ones, awaiting the rears. Ben recommended and included 300 lb springs on my fronts (engine is the same as OP, L33 5.3L). The roads around here are incredibly poor...

There's alot more to ride quality then just overall spring rates. It does play a big role but If you put 300 lb springs in 2 240s with 2 different types of dampers you can have completely different ride quality and feel. It all has to be matched to get your desired results.

That's why I got you to pick them for me haha, you know what you're doing and I do not. I guess no one else in this thread has the same dampers...

At this point right now I'm just sucking it up. Im truly at total loss of what is going to work for me. Ive talked to Ben a few times in on the phone the last past year and Im still confused on what will work for me. Im maybe 150lbs over stock weight from the red block. I would love a car that handles well around corners at a close to stock height but handles well going over rail crossings, speed bumps and massive dips in the road.

Im constantly comparing my prius but two different beast. (throwing hands in the air) I give up.

One of the things you can do to get good height with handling is to use longer springs. I use 250lb barrel springs which are 11" free length. You can move to 12" or more if needed. Because of the horrible roads here I run my car just slightly lower than stock. I adjust the height for level control arms. This gives me adequate clearance over crap and the much stiffer springs have more travel but provide the handling desired.

Barrel springs reduce the side loading on the strut and keep the coils away from the top of the adjustment sleeve. That's where my old springs used to hit.

One of the things you can do to get good height with handling is to use longer springs. I use 250lb barrel springs which are 11" free length. You can move to 12" or more if needed. Because of the horrible roads here I run my car just slightly lower than stock. I adjust the height for level control arms. This gives me adequate clearance over crap and the much stiffer springs have more travel but provide the handling desired.

Barrel springs reduce the side loading on the strut and keep the coils away from the top of the adjustment sleeve. That's where my old springs used to hit.

Found some on speedway motors. When this curtain project is done for a client and I get paid I'll buy them and some billys

I'll have a full set of Koni's available after I get my rear coilovers, just waiting on them and the adjustable trailing arms to arrive...

Back