• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Nitrous B230

eregan

Have a nicely set up B230F with the M47 in my 240. Gotta smoke the toyota civics and honda camrys; Interested in setting up nitrous. Anybody with experience on chemically charged redblocks? Motor has stock bottom end with a done up head 1992 B230F. Thanks!

Ive never ran nitrous on an b230 but have experience drag racing with nitrous. If I was going to do it to my Volvo 240 I would get a progressive nitrous controller and buy a good setup. Depending how much your going to run, probably need to beef up headgasket etc, Im curious too if these little engines can handle 100hp shot. By the time your done you probably wish you just put a turbo on it. Are you talking about beating modified toyotas and civics, or stock ones? These Volvo are heavy and are not aerodynamic.

Ive never ran nitrous on an b230 but have experience drag racing with nitrous. If I was going to do it to my Volvo 240 I would get a progressive nitrous controller and buy a good setup. Depending how much your going to run, probably need to beef up headgasket etc, Im curious too if these little engines can handle 100hp shot. By the time your done you probably wish you just put a turbo on it. Are you talking about beating modified toyotas and civics, or stock ones? These Volvo are heavy and are not aerodynamic.

Joking about seriously racing anyone. Just wouldn't mind more power on straight aways/less windy roads. Yeah I was thinking of nitrous as a alternative to +T or FT swap. I have a .027 cometic atm. I could always go get the head shaved some more and run a different HG that would hold up better. What's a good setup?

Joking about seriously racing anyone. Just wouldn't mind more power on straight aways/less windy roads. Yeah I was thinking of nitrous as a alternative to +T or FT swap. I have a .027 cometic atm. I could always go get the head shaved some more and run a different HG that would hold up better. What's a good setup?

If you want more reliable power just turbo it

/thread

I ran nitrous on a drag car for couple of yrs. The instant shock on drivetrain breaks parts. I broke trannys - axles- rearends- then headgaskets etc. On a brand new b230 engine it might last for little while. Sell your nitrous stuff and buy turbo parts. The hassel of filling bottles and keeping your pressure constant is a pain. But if you do try it let us know how it turns out. Only way to i would do it is with a progressive setup.

I ran nitrous on a drag car for couple of yrs. The instant shock on drivetrain breaks parts. I broke trannys - axles- rearends- then headgaskets etc. On a brand new b230 engine it might last for little while. Sell your nitrous stuff and buy turbo parts. The hassel of filling bottles and keeping your pressure constant is a pain. But if you do try it let us know how it turns out. Only way to i would do it is with a progressive setup.

Yeah I'm gonna look into a Mitsubishi setup off of a 940. Thanks

1) drill small hole in air intake above filter
2) Sit NAWZ tank in passenger seat and run braided line from tank into engine bay, inserting end of the line into the aforementioned hole. Make sure end of line has no obstruction to NAWZ flow such as a nozzle or fitting. Secure with duct tape.
3) crank engine, put in drive.
4) open valve on tank and floor it.
5) enjoy!

1) drill small hole in air intake above filter
2) Sit NAWZ tank in passenger seat and run braided line from tank into engine bay, inserting end of the line into the aforementioned hole. Make sure end of line has no obstruction to NAWZ flow such as a nozzle or fitting. Secure with duct tape.
3) crank engine, put in drive.
4) open valve on tank and floor it.
5) enjoy!

I'd want a more controlled shot but i suppose it is that simple yeah

I guess the joke was lost, I was being sarcastic. What I described is what we used to do to blow up a car's engine that we were about to haul to the junkyard.

it's a lot of fun. you'll probably break the transmission (well, really, probably smoke the clutch first) before anything else tears up unless you're reckless.

Going to get in touch with my buddy who runs a 10 second vette on the nitty gritty. Will hopefully post some results/videos in the near future. Severe lack of content on b230s with nitrous.

Going to get in touch with my buddy who runs a 10 second vette on the nitty gritty. Will hopefully post some results/videos in the near future. Severe lack of content on b230s with nitrous.

that's not true, you just don't know what you're looking for.

Back