• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

242 Factory markings?

apachechef

Burnt Sierra Madre
vHHrHnT.jpg

found this on a 1980 242DL lower grille? support.
Anybody know what it might be?

Google translate shows "sida" as "side" and "dorr" as "door" in Swedish, that's all I can offer. Never seen it on any other 240.
Maybe check if it's been replace before, drilled out and re-welded spot welds on the edges

I found this under the rear seat of a 1993 240 Classic I parted recently. I assume someone at the factory was bored and decided to weld their name into the floor since it's under the original paint

vU4ybEcum0dRfe3CrPcsJlMschbzEaWUYk2YV91yCUXRBqIT2xnNMwv3ZTgKEdbLUFiUNm1VtCbQJ9zqqhOWIhYgPIadlL7R0__nuf-ns2cZFTcq8n89PtGTyFBZV1iyuYqMW-N08AemAR3xhzCWdOten4n4dJjFuZKGTNTYhhdBtFjORaGkExEP7qxpP1QhJP9-QpVGqM2mukV9rFHpHRe8a-HpKReWNG__r1nC0VEnCWyoX_4JguMt4OokGRiv3qzgYp2vaRWv7ZFJXdEvY4wvfnDg0XomD0LuzGj0zivOuLONoeNDAn19bqH5MnMOhujz56YlqYc8lk7qiZDSn2jbCveC0cyqiymoX5S0CQRrthz1zz1CA85XHnTVwR_AJgk41DWkfcS1rLthcGnI4dTBAW0JxZwt5xs22zPnQgjhss411OfMQTJi5D0fr6RCm8mZxNvmNlDQwJoBxkCwYdLZBVDxV1hiWfKp0zJWE4xcfsK578sXVbxO126vAPTd3GcMTZbfjwnugRrIjcatZEiITIugfenzLFu3E2lLwZB7FyyZN-J8u6YWWShTaliJzhHULJTo9rsRKy-_xQR7uEHutv3R9N1OuuBEyYb7Jl7THIhHPWrTLZTBDr679RjSbEXtzxkt3Jr8Za4YxP-pZ0Fgwab4xR9oYrBlp3LvOFINr00H4QpYq_KF-9va8QDASPf-en5KZig0zhJiJzbmHE-W5PfhKpKm1zlkMsL6AFBD2PyT=w1320-h642-no

Doesn’t the old paper parts manual talk about sida and tida? Left and right? Strange thing found in new cars? Car came in for first service with a complaint about a sliding noise in the drivers side floor.some one on the body assembly line left a bottle inside of the sil before the floor was welded together. I had to break the bottle and vacuum it out.

Was it a 740? A friend of mine that worked at the dealer told me a similar story. He said they had to cut the panel open to remove the bottle.

Maybe it wasn't obvious for the installers, this side up. ????? The door being the hood.

I tried twice and it came up 'dry side' (?) Maybe someone from the motherland will chime in ?

Doing a google search from OFIEngineering's website with the term "dorr-o" yields pictures of a gate (or door) for a shed.

If you look at the etymology of the word 'door' in English, this mystery is not so mysterious.

Also, after looking at this and playing with the dictionary and Google translate, I have come to the conclusion that this actually is written "d?rr?" which is probably short for "d?rr?ppning" (door opening).

Why it is written here is certainly a mystery unless this particular part was marked to help the individual through their introductory training.

Last edited:
Back