• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Internal clutch slave cylinder

poulrais

I posted this question on VolvoSpeed since my swap involves a Whiteblock engine but got no reponse yet. Maybe I'll get luckier over here? Here's what I posted:

Hi all!

I'm in the midst of doing a B6284t swap in a Volvo 740 with a Nissan CD009 transmission. I'll be using a normal single mass Volvo 850 flywheel with a Sachs 765 pressure plate and a custom clutch disk with the Nissan's 1" X 24 spline center. My question is regarding the internal slave cylinder I'll have to use for the setup because i'm using a Volvo 960 inline 6 bell housing that has no provision for an external slave/clutch fork. The pressure plate is supposed to hold over 600 lbs of torque. I'll have the clamping force tested prior to install and it will be modified by a clutch shop if it's too low. So I want to know if anyone used the Volvo internal slave with a pressure plate that has the clamping force to hold around 600 lbs of torque. Will it have enough strength to release the plate? If not I'll just order a Quarter Master slave even though the price is a little prohibitive.

Since you're wandering into the mostly unknown you're unlikely to get much experiential info.

That said... hydraulics function based on maths and I suspect if you're able to decipher the piston diameter and volume you can determine what force it's able to displace no?

No freaking clue. I have all the parts to put a CD009 (although mine is a G37 JK41C, same thing more or less) behind an LS, but it's all LS from the adapter forward other than the disc.

Normal Camaro 6-speed parts for the slave/throwout bearing, pressure plate, flywheel, etc.

Agreed this should be determined by the MC bore dia vs TO bearing capacity. 19mm std vs larger.

Check out the "universal" TO bearing items on Speedways webpage. But really depends on the OD of the input shaft sleeve as to what fits.

... Since it is a Nissan trans, can you use the stock Nissan TO bearing? Should match the input sleeve perfectly.

He's using an internal concentric slave/to bearing - they don't touch the input sleeve.

Back