• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Anyone else install a KL Racing intercooler?

deadken

I recently picked up (2) KL Racing intercoolers for my 1992 944T and my 1992 745T. I installed the one in the 944T and found that the in has a lip on the upper inside that pushes the radiator towards the engine a little bit. I am tempted to shave off this lip, as I can't see any reason for it. It looks like it is for mounting something, but it interferes with the fitment of the radiator. So, I figured that I'd ask here in case anyone else knows what I'm talking about and can give relevant feedback.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. When the intercooler is fit in, sitting flat on it's bottom mounts, and the radiator is sitting in properly, the tab does not fit above the radiator. The holes in the tab on the intercooler line up with holes on the front most portion of the radiator, but they are too high (in other words, the radiator would have to be lifted almost 1/2"). Those holes also are lined up with the mounting screws for the electric fan (of course, the fan is secured to the radiator, not the intercooler).

Here are some more photos:

Alright, so after installing a water pump and timing belt, I decided to go ahead and bolt the radiator to the intercooler using the holes on the lip of the KL Racing intercooler. Here's what it looks like (before putting the efan back in):

Hi,

I did cut away the top sheet completely.
The IC fits nice underneath the plastic part.

Regards,
Dennis

35656801qc.jpg

My top mount KL IC doesn't have that lip. Then again, I have no E-fan (no AC). Anyway, I'm so happy with the IC and the improvement it made.

Maybe that lip works better with cars that have the same radiator as a 240('91 and earlier)? I don't know for certain, but it was just a thought.

Back