• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Inspiration for 740s

Is there any info on approx number of SEs out there? Does yours still have the proper fogs?

When I got mine it was missing one foglight and the other was cracked in half but still working... I replaced them with some 6" Led light bars. Looking to upgrade to better ones in the future

My wife was on vacation at the balic sea an sighted this monster in the wild

vLEZlMkl.jpg

Vy2YPCHl.jpg

ZYiHKItl.jpg

Looks like ice fishing machine made street legal. They build and use these on lake Peipus (Peipsi)

Just got my 740 T repainted in BMW Pyrite Brown Metallic in January. Not a top notch paint job but I removed pretty much everything from the car before taking it to the paint shop so it's 8/10 or so.
30xgTxj.jpg

pkRPPuB.jpg

hcI4hz5.jpg

Before:
PHbi2gg.gif

Did you go to MAACO? Looks good to me
Thanks! It was a great deal considering he did all the door jambs. It was local guy with a paint shop. There's a run by the driver's key slot that can be sanded out, some door dings that he didn't see, and worst of all the line where the clearcoat was peeling on the roof is still visible as he didn't smooth it out enough before painting. He said he'd sort it out this summer when he was in his new shop. It's really transformed the car from something I like driving to something I actually like looking at.

Thanks! It was a great deal considering he did all the door jambs. It was local guy with a paint shop. There's a run by the driver's key slot that can be sanded out, some door dings that he didn't see, and worst of all the line where the clearcoat was peeling on the roof is still visible as he didn't smooth it out enough before painting. He said he'd sort it out this summer when he was in his new shop. It's really transformed the car from something I like driving to something I actually like looking at.

Paint job still looks great all things considered.

BTW, or your hydras - https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Volvo-...rentrq:678f76db1690a9c49325a5e5fffbe1f4|iid:1

Last edited:
Not a big fan of the color(looks awesome though) but congratulations on being in the 1% of tbers that actually has their car repainted. Sounds like you found an honest paint guy. I've had lots of Volvo's painted and when is something isn't right with the finish, I ask to have it fixed and the painter does it without question. What you did is the best method on saving money on a paint job. Take it in stripped of bumpers, tail lights, head lights, door handles, door locks, all trim moulding, remove any pin striping(this will show up in paint, ask me how I know). By doing this, you will get a real good finish that you can be proud of.

Back