• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

my '65 122s wagon

how do you cut glass for custom windows? can a glass shop re-cut your oem glass or do you have to bring them a template and they form you fresh stuff?

how do you cut glass for custom windows? can a glass shop re-cut your oem glass or do you have to bring them a template and they form you fresh stuff?

As long as the glass is flat, new stuff can be cut and tempered. I've heard folklore of people cutting tempered safety glass with a media blaster or a water jet, but I haven't heard it from the horse's mouth so to say. For the front windshield, since it has to be reinforced safety glass, must be cut from an existing windshield that has a matching contour or possibly cut down the original windshield (Dependant on the procedure used to chop the top as many chops require a windshield with more crown than the original has to offer.)

Perhaps a two-tone finish is planned?

hahah thanks again fellas, the plan in the beginning was to clean up the body, extend the front & rear areas above the bumpers. dropping them about 2 inches or so.. then that didnt go through. so i ended up going with stock body & paint.. then i got the crazy idea to chop it, so i did that.. now, yes im planning on going with a white top on this car..

the glass, yes i've heard of people using a media blaster & duct tape, masking it really well, and cutting it that way. for windshields, doing one side of the glass first, then do the other side of the glass. then pouring gasoline or some type of flamable fluid in between the crevice, and light it to melt away the center layer of plastic.

but yes, as you've said. have heard it, but never seen it..

SHOULD be pretty simple.. hahaha if there's a will, there's a way.. and im way past turning back, so there's no more "IF" so there will be a way.. hahaha

update on my Volvo as of yesterday..
SV106535.jpg

SV106534.jpg

SV106532.jpg

wheels are 17x8 (i think?) american racing torque thrusts. OEM wheels that came on '01 - (whenever) mustang GT's.. they could stick out a little more.. hhaha these wheels arent staying though, just waiting to find someone who wants to buy them, then i can get the wheels i've been wanting for 'er.. how'd the air-ride suspension on your wagon go? how much modification did you have to do to the front end, did you end up cutting the brackets/mounting points off the rear end, and rotating it to get rid of excess angle? got pics of install? price/parts location/etc? i've never been able to get a hold of anyone who's actually done it before..

flexes enough to bug me.. im going to jack up the center of the car, leave it overnight, then in the top rails of the roof on the inside, planning to weld in 2" steel pipes from front to back so it may help with structure.. tack every 4" or so

no real updates..

we had to shut down our body shop, was a huge loss each month.. too much overhead, and we couldnt keep it filled up with enough "worth it" jobs..

more of the gaps are buttoned up, but the car is still up & around. i drive it every weekend at least now, starbucks, grab some coffee, homework, go take my little brother out cruising.. he loves it.

sooner or later gotta start planning how im going to cleanup the inside, and finish up some bodywork..

Back