• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

Yep,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citroën_Traction_Avant

Wow, that is a cool car. Better mileage than my work truck. Heck,
better than the Snot Rocket in original carb'd and points trim.

I, for one, am very interested in peering under the hood.

As soon as it's in town and road-ready I'll be sure to have a show & tell session. It's pretty primitive under the hood though so don't get too excited.

21 hour drive? CLOSE ENOUGH!

Sweet ride though! That is awesome.

I thought about it briefly, but it's winter at the pass between California & Oregon, and that's too far to go in an unproven car that old. The coastal road trip will have to be some other time.

Thursday night, chums?

Bruce, that looks amazing.

Thanks guys, I'm pretty stoked about it.

As soon as it's in town and road-ready
I'll be sure to have a show & tell session. It's pretty primitive
under the hood though so don't get too excited.

Primitive is cool. We all mostly have redblock powered Volvos
after all. The Citroen was pretty advanced in it's time.

I thought about it briefly, but it's winter at the pass between
California & Oregon, and that's too far to go in an unproven car
that old. The coastal road trip will have to be some other time.

So, just how old is it?

Half your age + 7 is the rule, it would probably be creepy.

The Snot Rocket, on the other hand, is just a few months younger than I am.

Bruce does seem to be being coy with the details, I want the dish!

Primitive is cool. We all mostly have redblock powered Volvos
after all. The Citroen was pretty advanced in it's time.

So, just how old is it?

The motor wasn't super advanced other than having replaceable cylinder liners (good luck finding those anymore). It may not even have an oil filter - the early ones didn't. No heater core either so there's an improvement over 240s. I may have to fit a gas heater for shoulder season de-misting purposes. Most stuff looks recognizable though. Single Zenith carb.

It's a 1955 so 59 years old. Not that there was much changed between 1939 and 1957. They got a bigger trunk in '53 and the more powerful (60 hp!) motor in '55.

Sim you planning on asking it on a date?

Hope he at least buys it dinner first.

Half your age + 7 is the rule, it would probably be creepy.

The Snot Rocket, on the other hand, is just a few months younger than I am.

Bruce does seem to be being coy with the details, I want the dish!

Not coy, but not sure what you want to know? Found it while trolling ebay. I've been casually looking for one for a couple of years but they rarely come up in North America and when they do they're either rough projects or $30k. This one was in range and didn't have any bidding, either because it was miscategorized (Other Makes, Berline instead of Citroen, Traction Avant), or everyone thinks it's a terrible idea. I've had totally positive responses from everyone though so I suspect the former. Weird that non-car people think it's odd to want a 240 or Amazon, but 60-year-old French car - no problem.

The dashboard controls/layout will blow your minds. I may start using parking valets just to terrorize them :D

So, my buddy's parents said they were at A-Scott PNP on Saturday.
The dad said he saw a Chinese kid walking around with a coffee.
He wanted that coffee.
I may have died of laughter again.

Anyone local have a lh 2.4 flywheel and m46/7 bellhousing with the notch kicking aroudn? I know there is one in the forsale but I figured I'd try local first.

Someone was looking for a 240 wagon? $600!

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/cto/4307265200.html

00f0f_fQ4nUMsWZIQ_600x450.jpg

Score!

Probably just needs a fuel pump and filter.

Saskatchewan isn't really even one of the rusty provinces, too cold for salt there.

It will need out-of-province and aircare though. If you get a picky inspector it could add quite a few $$$ to get it to runner status.

Back