• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

It'll buff out? 242

What the heck happened? That is NOT the way to start the New Year. This sucks big time. Sorry about the little one. :-(

That just sucks ---- man, so sorry to hear that. I was kinda worried when the first visit didn't resolve the issue quickly. Sending best thoughts and wishes your way....

My sincere condolences.

RIP, no little footsteps running about, and the house seems so empty.

:grrr:

Something missing that's for sure!

Sorry to hear that!

They get to be like your children.

Nanci gave that dog all of her " I have no children left in the house" love.

What the heck happened? That is NOT the way to start the New Year. This sucks big time. Sorry about the little one. :-(

Doctor suspected Lymphoma, it got bad quick. The pic in my van was Thursday, when he seemed much better. Sadly it didn't last.

That just sucks ---- man, so sorry to hear that. I was kinda worried when the first visit didn't resolve the issue quickly. Sending best thoughts and wishes your way....

Thanks!
He is in the woods in our backyard just behind the chain-link fence that separates the lawn from the trees. So mamma can see him. Old fashion rock pile grave.

Nanci already brought up getting a puppy. Not just ready for that. Maybe Spring?

Back to 242 stuff (wipe eyes)
Got some body supplies today, primer and mud.
Funny I told the guy its been years so I should just start over and pretend I am a beginner .
(which I suppose I am)
Now primer is etching and sand able, that's pretty cool!
Learned much at the paint supply, now to get busy.

Thanks guys!

All dogs go to heaven! He will be part of this thread and your project.

My wife lost her lab and Golden a month apart..... got me in return. She’s still shaking her head about that one.

RIP Timmy......

Sorry about your dog... that's a tough way to start the year.

RIP Timmy.

All dogs go to heaven! He will be part of this thread and your project.

My wife lost her lab and Golden a month apart..... got me in return. She?s still shaking her head about that one.

RIP Timmy......

My wife says ?all men are dogs.? Therefore...

I'm sorry to hear about losing your dog. They are members of the family.
Steve

Thanks all,
I like what you did there M.Y.
Not big progress but I have been getting some done. Decided to use one black and one standard commando. Thoughts on painting them?
Both have work needed. On the standard will I need to remove the anodizing? Hope not.
Not done with the quarter and I am tired of sanding.
(Well get use to it! LOL)
I want something close to the factory look.
Speaking of decisions.......

Attachments

• IMG_20190108_172155836.jpg
    IMG_20190108_172155836.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_20190116_141807536.jpg
    IMG_20190116_141807536.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_20190116_142759409.jpg
    IMG_20190116_142759409.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_20190116_143529536.jpg
    IMG_20190116_143529536.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_20190116_142827203.jpg
    IMG_20190116_142827203.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 259
I carefully cleaned and scuffed the bright commando bumpers and had them clear coated during the paint process. Nothing stuck. It all flacked off in sheets. The anodized finish couldn't be scuffed enough for paint to stick without cutting the finish which I didn't want to do.

Best result was on the Bertone where I removed all the rubber bumpers and DA buffed the finish with paint rubbing compound.

My wife had to grieve a year before she could adopt a replacement for our lost 'child'.

The front bumper in particular takes a beating from debris. Me? I’d send ‘em off and have ‘em powder coated. I made mine easy to remove - every 3 years or so I pull it and repaint.

RIP Timmy... Been there, done that too many times over the past few years.

Powder coating is a good plan of action.

Geez, she acts fast. I'm still not ready for a replacement Maine Coon cat after 14 months.

-J

This thread is good to see. My original intention was to have the extra work down to fix the quarter panel in place and save the factory panel. Nelson is trying to convince me not to replace the quarter panel. This thread is a good pint of reference.

Progress is slim to none but good news is that I am a Grandpa! And tonight we brought home our still to be named puppy. Happened a bit too fast for me but he's here and boy is he cute.

Did spend a few minutes the other day masking for primer.
I suspect progress will be slow for a spell.

Attachments

• IMG_20190124_163846048.jpg
    IMG_20190124_163846048.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_20190128_203740932.jpg
    IMG_20190128_203740932.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 551
DO yourself a favor and do not put primer over bare metal.

You should be spraying SEALER over bare metal.

Without sealer it will rust under the primer!!!!

I wish someone had told me that a long time ago.

Hmmm....gettin' lots of help, huh Brad!?!

What caught my eye was the high/lo that looks like it's gonna occur between the existing paint on the panel and bare metal up ahead of the wheel well....

Back