• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rare Volvo parts that you have!

IMG_0032-1.jpg

took the pics from the ad i put on the dutch marktplaats site, because i couldnt be bothered to put them on photobucket. im lazy. anyway i have these. they were issued in switzerland. all in great condition.

xJUQ==.jpg

kd7OlVD2U6YpVolw8xtw==.jpg

Glhj0tMH0jXgG3td2aKN6w==.jpg

Indeed. They're off of an old box truck that was being loaded onto the scrapper's tow truck as I drove by. Each letter is about 4.5" tall.

Inside the truck, the bench seat used fabric that looked identical to some of what I've seen in older 240s, the a/c vents were straight off a 240, as were the window cranks and rocker switches.

Mine have washers too. Don't the US models have headlight washers? Mine have E-code glass lights as well but I figured they were added on later to the US bezel and trim.

US models haven't got them! Only sold in Europe on special order I was told.

Two days ago I went to the Volvo dealer to ask if they could order some headlight washers for my '86 240 at the Classic Centre in Sweden. Turns out they still had them in stock at the dealer :lol:

Sticker (2) only, came from one of those rare sets.. Made into an emblem so I can detach it..

tunnel, probably will not use this (automatic version btw..) , it's made of very brittle plastic, not Volvo wearthy, and will break in halves eventually. Thinking of using it as a mold..

..not rare because it's home made, rare because there's only one.. ;-) , a fake GT grill

..and the enforcement plates for the lights, fake too..

..non Volvo but a fun period object, has trays for tapes too..

..not Solex' (parts are not easy to find) but "just" Webers with Misab inlets...

..never mind the hidious gauge cluster (now black..) , below it the extra shelve.. also have one that goes on top..

these I came by some 20 years ago, used to stick on the floor leading towards the service desk..

louvres of course, I find 3 differences. This one has a Volvo badge stuck on, same as the one saying Anguplast, probably the original manufactorer and one wit Volvo embedded, wich I presume is a later version..

... Competition parts spoiler, bought in "89 or so, now mounted to my present car and sprayed for the 3rd time. mind the ramps..!!

...original boot lid grip, for taxi's and policecars etc. very usefull indeed, found it very cheap overher..

..my gauges, fortunetally with most of the correct sensors..

..home made badges..

the whole car as bought, factory original (not anymore..) at the time 62000 km's, the rarity about the thing, it's a Brussels made end "72 car, with front and back panneling, horizontal dash, short shifter, "73 model body, extra dash panel but without the fake wood

, no carpets, no tunnel carpet pieces... These particular version were built using old stock parts and sold cheaper.. I've seen 2 or three more of these. Colour is from the later 1 series and early 2 series.

A funny thing I discovered, Brekina, HO scale model maker has, and probably by co?ncidence, used this particular version to copy..

two books I picked up yesterday

and something to light the candles..

some articles from "70s English mags, click to find more scans and also scans of brochures..

"87 tape..

sun visor, slightly altered, its uses small suction cups instead of tape now..

Last edited:
I have a glass sunroof taken from a 1990 240 wagon in the junkyard, first glass sunroof I ever saw on a 240 here in Canada. I removed it and then measured it, but the size seems to be from sunroofs on the 700 900 series cars, not the same as the smaller sized sunroofs used on earlier 240's. If anybody wants to buy the glass only from me, it is 100 dollars Canadian

Back