• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

140 Series Brake Upgrade Options

roflcopter

I've been looking into options for ditching the stock brakes (and physical throttle linkage) in the 144 racecar. Looking at dual master cylinder pedal boxes with real proportioning and throttle cable provisions.

The pedal box isn't the hard part (measure and find one that fits and mount it) but I was wondering if anyone had seen/made brackets to adapt on a set of modern motorsport calipers. Rotors shouldn't be too hard, planning to get aluminum hats made with the right bolt pattern and hat height, rings are dime a dozen.

So... anyone already been down this path?

Someone on the board is looking in to having brackets made to use Wilwood calipers with 164E vented front rotors.

:nod:

We're sending a spindle, hub and rotor to his machinist who's going to take measurements and design a bracket. Hopefully he'll announce a group buy when the design is finalized and they're ready to be made.

:nod:

We're sending a spindle, hub and rotor to his machinist who's going to take measurements and design a bracket. Hopefully he'll announce a group buy when the design is finalized and they're ready to be made.

This sound very pleasant.

Do you stock new 164E vented rotors? They are not easy to find on this side of the pond.

VP has the rotors for a very reasonable price although they're only sold in pairs and the price is for 1.

I'm thinking about this upgrade for my '71 142E. I assume he 164 ventilated rotors are direct bolt-on compatible - yes? If going this route, would these likely work with the stock calipers or does the 164 use larger calipers?

OK I guess I'll have to try a different approach here. Might want to use these on the 1800 racing car - anyone know how much these rotors actually weigh?

OK I guess I'll have to try a different approach here. Might want to use these on the 1800 racing car - anyone know how much these rotors actually weigh?

164 rotors have a 5x108 bolt pattern so they may not be your best option. If they're allowed, you should look into getting the Brick Autosport Wilwood brake upgrade for the race car.

https://forums.tbforums.com/showthread.php?t=282376

The 240 rotor weighs 11 lbs 9 oz and the 164 rotor is 15 lbs 6 oz.

164 vented disc with 240 vented caliper, only have to redrill hole for bolt in calipers, and direct bolt on

Except for the metric fittings. Now you need to make custom hoses and pipes.

Last edited:
Back