• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Exhaust noise on 940 turbo

So I have a 2 1/2 straight pipe and I'd like to add atleast a muffler on it
Idc about how loud it is honestly but I'm in the military and going 9m base and going through security with no backseat,roll bar,harness ect... and then a loud ass exhaust with a backfire that sounds like a gunshot I dont really wanna be turned around lol
I know people have said the dynomax straight throughs sounds nice but idk how much quiter itll be so I'd just wanted some suggestions

You now have the exhaust question answered 3 times, and got the same answer 3 times. If it is still too loud, add a second muffler in front of the rear axle.

You now have the exhaust question answered 3 times, and got the same answer 3 times. If it is still too loud, add a second muffler in front of the rear axle.

Didnt mean to rub ya the wrong way bud
The cherry bomb vortex wouldnt work for my setup seeing that they don't make a center/center model but I appreciate the original input

I'm cool, just sayin... I would use a similar muffler. Watch the recent Engine Masters cheap muffler shootout, it explains what ya want quite well. Also depending on your mods, 2 1/2" might be a bit restrictive. I had a 2 1/2" on my 740T and it sounded like a high compression motorcycle. Did a turbo back 3" exhaust and it gained so much power I blew the clutch out about 100 ft from the shop. Was definitely loud though.

and what he said^^^

I'm cool, just sayin... I would use a similar muffler. Watch the recent Engine Masters cheap muffler shootout, it explains what ya want quite well. Also depending on your mods, 2 1/2" might be a bit restrictive. I had a 2 1/2" on my 740T and it sounded like a high compression motorcycle. Did a turbo back 3" exhaust and it gained so much power I blew the clutch out about 100 ft from the shop. Was definitely loud though.

and what he said^^^

Ahaha yeah it's a full 2.5 straight pipe withers bend under the passenger side under the rear door it's just rough on passengers especially when it backfires

Also, if you are putting it behind the rear axle you can use center inlet and offset outlet. Just moves the tip over a couple inches.

Ah, gotcha..it doesn't come out the back

Sending to the back of the car would help with all that. My car would throw huge flames out the back, but at least it was back there haha

Yeah it throws flames which I dont care to much for but it's fine with me I just want it quite for not getting pulled over and going on base the police around here and base police can be some pretty big dick heads when it comes to cars I've seen then get pissed over people from states without front licences to not having inspection stickers with a var with antique plates to even people with rhd cars making them walk around to get the military id

Yes, I second the 'stay away from chambered mufflers' suggestion. I used a flowmaster on my turbo long ago with a 2.5" exhaust. The awesome flow and power of a turbo blew the deflector chambers apart inside the muffler after about a year and the horrible sound of screeching metal from the deflectors moving around inside made me swear never again.

Since then I've used the Magnaflow, or Dynomax ultra flow, both in stainless and regular mild steel. There is typically a 2-3k rpm drone from these engines. So if you go with only one muffler. A resonated tip will help take away the drone. Otherwise two mufflers also take away the drone.

Back