• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New To me C30

fige

KING OF TBOT
300+ Club
After a 3 year hiatus from Volvo I am back in one and I am in love.

Plans: Fix the rear wheels. LED Tails with more Lumenz (since the tint actually looks good on this one). Fix the suspension and various oil leaks while keeping an eye out for some decent seat replacements. Oh, and quiet down the exhaust as it's 3'' straight pipe right now. Sounds amazing above 3k, but before it hits the sweet spot you have to endure the wet fart noises.

It has most of the power bolt on goodies, intake, inter cooler, flash, exhaust. It's quick enough for a DD.

It needs a swaybars badly (maybe because of the 10'' rimpz in the back?) so I will keep an eye out for that one.
If anyone has a set of 18" MIDIR rims for this car I would love to trade you.

wjFMdkS.jpg

suQ8AMP.jpg

cgGPzc7.jpg

Last edited:
Oooh, what wheels are those?

I changed from the stock 18s to some powdercoated Propus wheels, after bending one of the 18"s on my first weekend of ownership.

For a DD, with tiny brakes, it doesn't need big wheels like the R.

Whats wrong with the seats?

Which oil leaks does it have? I guess the camseals like to go on these

Edit, wow, the best picture I have is in the rain after loading it up to go canoeing....

ZQCQbjal.jpg

Last edited:
Oooh, what wheels are those?

Whats wrong with the seats?

Which oil leaks does it have? I guess the camseals like to go on these

Jnc005

Seats are not in the best shape.

Well. I fixed the oil pan since I busted it the second day I had it. It's speaking somewhere from the top, probably cam seals as you mentioned

Nice looking car, good score. Of course I agree the rear rims are a bit silly, but still...great score. I really like the white and black combo.

My nitpick is tinted rear lights, not a fan even if they look good.

I’ve always love the C30 in white. If I ever had one that would be the only color I’d want, maybe black. Sounds like you have good plans for it, starting with the rear poke. I too, like the non tinted taillights, at the end of the day it’s your car, enjoy it!

I passed a clean one of these up for $600 with a blown engine. I had 4 cars in the driveway at the time, and I'm focused on my 242, but still...

If you find the cam seals are leaking (which is likely), replace the PCV oil trap/filter housing assembly. They fail allowing excessive crank case pressure, popping the seals. Does the engine make a whistle sound? That's an obvious sign of failure of the box. Sometimes its just venting out the cam seals though, and you won't hear anything. The whistle would go away with the dipstick pulled.

Jordan

If you find the cam seals are leaking (which is likely), replace the PCV oil trap/filter housing assembly. They fail allowing excessive crank case pressure, popping the seals. Does the engine make a whistle sound? That's an obvious sign of failure of the box. Sometimes its just venting out the cam seals though, and you won't hear anything. The whistle would go away with the dipstick pulled.

Jordan

Only whistle from the turbo.

Yeah. Not looking forward to doing cam seals at all. Is the cam hold down tool necessary? I'm reading mixed results

Only whistle from the turbo.

Yeah. Not looking forward to doing cam seals at all. Is the cam hold down tool necessary? I'm reading mixed results

They're not bad. I would strongly recommend the lock tools. It will be a life saver. I think you can get them cheap on amazon. I personally wouldn't attempt them without the tools.

Change the filter housing anyways while you're refreshing the car.

Jordan

Jnc005

Seats are not in the best shape.

Well. I fixed the oil pan since I busted it the second day I had it. It's speaking somewhere from the top, probably cam seals as you mentioned

The only complaint I ever had about my c30 was that seat material just does not hold up. Mine started to have tears and stuff almost immediately. Otherwise I just loved the car.

Great looking c30! They are super fun cars.

Back