• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

newish to me 850R wagon

Linas

i sold a lemon of a V70R manual wagon though a volvo mechanic here in chicago. he was acting as escrow. it was low miles but needed probably a good 7k worth of work to bring it to even stage 0 and reliable.

as i was walking through the mechanics lot, i saw a 850 R wagon, kinda rough shape. He wasnt trying to sell it but i asked about it. 140k, newish timing belt. $1400. I bought it and it has been a reliable DD but it has some things that make me wonder if its actually an R. Paint is in very rough shape. some panels are faded and mismatched, i wonder if it got in an accident. R wagons should have a spoiler. mine doesnt. it doesnt have the R wheels. the bumpers arent painted red.

904454.jpeg

what do you guys think is the deal with it? its fun as hell to drive, and fast. just seems not everything is adding up. Title says R, its not rebuilt. Badge says R.

disregard the saab :DDDDDDDDDDDDD

Last edited:
Could be an R, tough to say from one side pic, Looks like the rear of the car has been resprayed, def seems like a different color from the doors.

My guess is it was rear ended, then shoved into something in front. They changed the rear hatch and both bumpers and did a quick respray? What do the rear fender arches feel like?

Wheels are pulled from those R cars all the time.

Also, if it runs good, and you enjoy it, whip that thing.

Is there suede on the seats?

Ultimately doesn't really matter if it's an R because it's more or less an appearance package. Interior is the best part IMO.

Back