• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 242 Sunroof Small Leak when Stopping

VolvoNutt

K-jet Newbie
?84 242

After or during rain(happened twice this week), when coming to a stop the rear passenger side rear corner of the sunroof will give a squirt of water from the corner, as if the inertia of the stop is forcing it(not a dripping motion). The cabin is dry other than this small problem and obviously I want to get ahead of this before it becomes something serious.

I checked the drains and there seems to be no problem. So what?s the next step? Could the drains be partially plugged??

Thank you one and all for the help! Fall is finally here in Colo and I need to get this done ASAP ;-)

I redid my rear quarter window seals now this happens! :grrr: I wonder if I made her mad?:roll::rofl:

My front and rear drains were clogged... had a ton of water in the car until I cleaned all the lines out. I took plastic weed whacker cable and ran it through both front sunroof drains until they opened up.

In the rear at the TEE in the trunk, I had dirt plugging one part of the Tee that wasn't visible.

I rooter?d up from the tee with success unblocking stuff(one day it will fall on me while driving with sunroof open:grrr:)

Thanks to all!!!!!

I am fulatorgoing the air for this reason ^^^^ Now to get out on this beautiful day and uwork on the other side!

It's ok if it's regulated down to 20-30 PSI, but if I hit it with 100 PSI from the $15,000 compressor out back...I've popped a few hoses and have had to lower headliners and reattach hoses.

Back