• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Spring SE May 4-6 2018

linuxman51

Railspeeder Enthusiast #1
300+ Club
In good ol Montgomery, alabama.
Format for these things hasn't changed much.
Friday: arrival, decompression, get ready to head to the track. Should be open for test n tune, weather dependent. http://www.montgomeryracewaypark.com/
Saturday: Dyno day! get your tune on, prove the claims or live in shame!
Saturday evening: Cookout/party
Sunday: Go home!

Rules/Regs/etc:
Bring enough - money, clothes, parts, tools. If you believe your car is questionable, leave it and catch a ride (or fly up and rent one, we've accommodated that in the past too), you will find the weekend to be immensely more enjoyable, as well as not draw the potential ire of others.

There will be no staying at the house. Overindulgence saturday night will be worked out, we obviously don't want drunk people feeling compelled to drive back to their hotel(s). Be it a DD shuttle, or whatever, we'll get it worked out.

The overall weather outlook is usually a bit touch and go in april/may. Generally, it's good, but its not always hot nor dry. Check the forecasts and pack accordingly.

That about does it for now, as things get closer we can narrow down things even more.

I'm in. I'll have the amazon running/driving and it could use a dyno run before I bomb cross country in it.

Hmmm... leave the 16v together for this (get a dyno run on the 'new' setup) or try to get the Ellis in and running by then...

having done the ellis thing, I think you'd be pretty hard pressed to get it done that quickly.

In the spirit of Turbobricks cheapness I'd like to offer my back yard for camping.. I have fairly good shade and surprisingly drains well so not quite as soggy as Kenny's yard.. I have plenty of electrical plugs and extension cords for fans and lights if you so desire.. If the weather gets real bad I can push come cars outta the shop and some of you guys could crash in there.. Just a thought let me know who would be interested..

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/417+Merry+Pl,+Pike+Rd,+AL+36064-2211,+USA/32.3213934,-86.1087037/@32.3289449,-86.1129328,14.5z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m5!1m1!1s0x888c2d870033d3d1:0x7deab1c5ad0f2594!2m2!1d-86.0962385!2d32.3495903!1m0?hl=en

-Sam

Awesome Sam. The big benefit of camping is to enjoy TB shens without having to worry about getting a drunk Volvo lard (sup) back to a hotel.

and he lives right around the corner. this was not my decision, but we have to live with our various decisions over the years ;)

Back