• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Suspension mods

89v240g

So I'm about to LS3 with a Lee blower into my 240. And I have looked everywhere and can't find any info on if this has been done specifically. I'm wanting to put C4 corvette front suspension under the front end. Any thoughts or info would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

I'm wanting to put C4 corvette front suspension under the front end.
Why?

I've not heard of anyone of doing this.

You can improve the strut front suspension with stiffer springs, good inserts with proper valving, and roll center correction (if lowered). There are strong strut tubes available. There are camber plates available that use spherical bearings and allow adjustment of caster and camber. There are reinforcement plates available to strengthen the stock control arms. There are poly bushings available for the front control arms. There are larger sway bars available, and endlinks using spherical bearings.

Well for one I want to be different than everyone else. I have installed c4 and c5 suspension in multiple vehicles. 55 chevys, 68 c10,etc it would open up space for headers and steering by cutting the whole strut tower back to firewall. Then tube the front to mount fenders and headlight etc.

I don't even think anyone has thought about doing it. Be a pioneer! Show us mere mortal what we're missing out on. :cool:

Well for one I want to be different than everyone else. I have installed c4 and c5 suspension in multiple vehicles. 55 chevys, 68 c10,etc it would open up space for headers and steering by cutting the whole strut tower back to firewall. Then tube the front to mount fenders and headlight etc.

your other posts don't sound like a guy that has done this type of work.

So you put double wishbone suspension on vehicles that already had double wishbone suspension and were body on frame? Now you want to do the same on a car with McPherson struts and is a unibody.

Just to be different.

Can't diagnose a no-start; can do an LS swap and total front geometry re-engineer.

Yeah, uh huh.

Buy C4 Corvette. Put LS3 motor and SC in C4 Corvette. Problem solved.

Buy jet engine. Install in Volvo. Problem solved.

Just to be different...getting steering to work will be a challenge.

46147771542_cf2e951467_b.jpg

I never asked when I was there: is that 2x3? box? (main rails) And did you make those bends, or buy bent pieces?

Yes, 2 X 3" 120 wall cold rolled. Art Morrison bent them, I welded them - the bend is too tight for the die. The beer opener still gets routine use!

Yes, 2 X 3" 120 wall cold rolled. Art Morrison bent them, I welded them - the bend is too tight for the die. The beer opener still gets routine use!
That’s a good opener. : )
I really like the design of the frame and all the fabrication detail in the rear.

I am building new strut towers in the 52. 2x3 rear, 2x2 front, 2x6 for the tops.
The sheet towers my dad build were terribly flexible. Triangulating everything, boxing the frame.
I considered building all new with nascar style arms and caprice knuckles, but couldn’t pull the trigger.

Back