• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 eye sore removal

who likes the tire hump?

• Total voters

slovo240

update
not sure what to call this style hood.

its not finished but its there. that's about its for eye sores except maybe the 2nd set of doors behind the two doors.
I love the look of a 240 but not with those ugly spare tire lumps on the rear of the cars, so I did this.

and this

like this

and this

all with this

now using a plasma cutter really makes it easy , unless you have converse on. I had performed this to my first 240 with electric tin snips. next you will need to cut and weld a flat piece of metal back in there, or I have used high grade construction adhesive and wish I had repeated that instead of welding because of the heat and that construction adhesive lasted through 2 NY winters without so much as a crack. personally I just think it looks better this way and its pretty easy to do .

Last edited:
Dat 'hood mod.

The cars were born ugly, the formal hood or spare tire wells alone matter little. Full size spare is nice if you actually do get a flat and have to change it in the middle of BFE nowhere.

Y amight want to flip that grill 180* so that it's upright as intended.

Last edited:
I think I might flip my grille/grill around now, as well. I'm intrigued by arrows pointing down instead of up, and having to read upside-down and backwards. At least watching other people stare at it for the first time would add 2 points (out of a possible 5,000 total points) of entertainment value to my day.

http://grammarist.com/usage/grill-grille/

like I said its not finished you will see. I plan to flip the emblems , I mean the grill isn't even mounted yet. geese

I was somewhat serious. I might try arrow-down for a week a see how the overall week went. That might sound superstitious, but sometimes that's how I operate.

TBH, I never even noticed the spare humps. Thanks for adding another thing to my ever-growing list of "things to prove you have OCD." I think all of us on this board must have least a smidgen of OCD.

I was somewhat serious. I might try arrow-down for a week a see how the overall week went. That might sound superstitious, but sometimes that's how I operate.

TBH, I never even noticed the spare humps. Thanks for adding another thing to my ever-growing list of "things to prove you have OCD." I think all of us on this board must have least a smidgen of OCD.

Yes, at least a smidgen. At least when we take the time.;-):lol:

Have you considered vertical?
Y'know, like.......
5300eh.jpg

The 242 GTs had the spare tire wells eliminated from the factory.

Back