• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My 75 245 survivor

My 75 survivor

I?m new to Volvo , and this 75 245 is new to Me.
It has about 120,000 miles on it , it?s on it's 2nd paint job.
The lower front seats are pretty bad under those covers .
My plan is to have the front seats fixed first.
PKWeVCW.jpg

ZmC3dXA.jpg

pensWzq.jpg

gHYXYCg.jpg

NDmRXWp.jpg

yAtQqCF.jpg

aVUAq8h.jpg

eIUuW8O.jpg

That's a real beauty.

What shape and how old are the tires?

AFAIK, other than the occupants, the tires are the most important part of the car.

In case you didn't know, all DOT tires made since the 1990's have a date of manufacture code on them. For some stupid reason, the code is only on 1 side of the tire, usually on the inside. The code will always appear inside an oval depression.

There are 2 formats of date code. The 1st has 3 digits and the 1st 2 digits are the week of year(1-52) made and the last digit is for the year in 1990's,

The 2nd format has 4 digits and the 1st 2 digits are also the week of the year(1-52) and the last 2 digits are for the year after 2000.

Looks clean. Parents had an orange '74 145 almost identically equipped (no rack on ours). After you replace the tires (if it needs them), get the K cam in there swapped out for a D cam and advance the timing to 10 degrees. It will finally have some power, even with the Bw35 autotragic. It still is going to be more of a city car, due to there being no overdrive, but it'll at least keep up with traffic and can do 70-75 mph all day, albeit loudly.

A M41 manual transmission would be an improvement. swedishiron.com and I had a '72 142E doing 105 mph on Interstate 5 a few years ago. Still seemed to have acceleration. Same basic engine with a M41 instead of the Bw35.

Thanks for the cam ideas. It’s running great right now ,although ,yes , it’s very slow. My first objectives are to fix cosmetics like the front seats, but My long term objectives are to add more power .

I?m new to Volvo , and this 75 245 is new to Me.
It has about 120,000 miles on it , it?s on it's 2nd paint job.
The lower front seats are pretty bad under those covers .
My plan is to have the front seats fixed first.
PKWeVCW.jpg

ZmC3dXA.jpg

pensWzq.jpg

gHYXYCg.jpg

NDmRXWp.jpg

yAtQqCF.jpg

aVUAq8h.jpg

eIUuW8O.jpg
I?ve been searching for ideas on what to do with the front seats. Since the front seat backs , and the rest of the interior is in pretty good shape , I?ve considered new foam , and front seat bottoms only.
I?ve asked a Hi end interior guy if He thought He could match the vinyl , and He recommended doing at minimum , both front seats. I?m exploring all My options before I decide.
I?ve found new 240 foam for sale , and My search for replacement vinyl kits possibly in this original red , has come up with nothing . Does anyone know of any possible vinyl kits in red ?

Back