• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

daily 940 turbo

JPS

it started 2 weeks ago, when i bought this car:

30blesy.jpg

106jaip.jpg

i1fhwh.jpg

2pyc30o.jpg

its a 1997 low pressure turbo (b230fk) with a m90 gearbox. with a lot of km on the clock, (490k) second day i owned it i turned up the boost from 0,3 to 0,7 bar. its running very nicely.

bought it to just get trough the winter. so my dirty daily om606 powered jag can relax haha. but its going to be a little project. only performance wise, suspension is stock and it will be stock :)

things i have planned:

19t / or small holset
ported manifold
3" exhaust

3" amm
green giants injectors
custom chip for ecu
maybe a fpr to get some more fuel pressure for the green giants.

replace seals
stronger clutch
camshaft , would like to buy a ipd turbo cam.

am i missing someting?

i will update when im finnisht to get the parts i need. then i will pull the engine. and make it go faster then my 740 16v turbo. ( b204ft 1 bar boost)

2e3pg7p.jpg

Clean looking car, tell me more about this OM606 powered jag though :nod:

2u903g2.jpg

119ywjt.jpg

build it last winter, have put 15000km on it olready! without a problem.

im using the of gear controller for the gearbox, you are using that also in your 740 right? i have just finnisht paddle shift (flippers) in it, and its awesome. :cool:

still using stock turbo , only upgraded the pump for a dieselmeken 7.5mm . boost is now at 1.2 bar. and it drives really well.

it passed the inspection at the RDW station with no problem. they liked the swap.

I think you have most things covered. The car would appreciate a better intercooler, especially if you're upping the boost with those larger turbos. Looks like it will be a fun project.

didnt tink of a bigger intercooler yet. but yes to keep it cool it would be a good upgrade!

first goodies arrived!

34t7cck.jpg

j5z91y.jpg

turbo is a holset HY35W 10cm. but also there is a 19t coming my way. not sure what to use. this holset would be cool on a 16v though
and this is where my 740 will sleep this winter:

11qgyhl.jpg

yesterday i bought a almost complete late b230fk with a autotrajic box for just 75 euros!
pulled the head and gearbox off. and also the oil pan. cilinders or not worn, it has oil squirters, and 13mm rods.

2dif6ur.jpg

i would love to build a 16v engine from this bottem end. need to figure out what to do. updates coming soon.

You need more injector if you want to use that holset the way it should be used. ;-)

yesterday i bought a almost complete late b230fk with a autotrajic box for just 75 euros!
pulled the head and gearbox off. and also the oil pan. cilinders or not worn, it has oil squirters, and 13mm rods.

2dif6ur.jpg

i would love to build a 16v engine from this bottem end. need to figure out what to do. updates coming soon.
Where the hell did you find this Jehannes? I'm looking hard for the same autotracic and will wreck my 940 turbo because I can't find one for less than the car is worth, or worn out the same way my one is. S....
Have a nice day, Kay with a 940 with 650tkm on the clock (and only a few hundred km in front of scrapping)

the green injectors i am going to use with this turbo:

modified 19t. with some better wheels.
20ivq85.jpg

that big old holset probably come's on the OM606 jag... stock turbo has some play.

Where the hell did you find this Jehannes? I'm looking hard for the same autotracic and will wreck my 940 turbo because I can't find one for less than the car is worth, or worn out the same way my one is. S....
Have a nice day, Kay with a 940 with 650tkm on the clock (and only a few hundred km in front of scrapping)

haha yes it was a good find.

guy i bought it from had driven the car before he took the engine out. he said it was good.

give me some beer from germany and you may take the autobox with you for free.:rofl:

still never tuned this 940.. it runs great and i'm dailying it a lot.

but look what i bought, i found a 940 from 1998. also with the b230fk and m90. its running on petrol and propane (cheap fuel)
the paint is my favorite, garnet red! and the paint is in a very good shape, also it has leather seats.

2nu55xd.jpg

21o2688.jpg

wgurk9.jpg

this is the replacement daily. the green one is going to be a parts car. because i wanne put the front and rear axle , and the engine inside my chevrolet vega, dont ask me why, because olready made up my mind. haha

28wm23q.jpg

plan on the garnet red 940 is to make it a 200/250hp reliable daily. but first stage 0 and give it some miles.
plan on the vega, keep it under 1200kilo and a 300hp turbo redblock!! should be fun.

Back