• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Posing in front of your new(to you) motor. Awesome. Should give her a bath and a fresh coat of paint before you install her. Great work on the less grindier 47.

Putting the 21 on the back burner will allow me to play with it some more when time permits. Stage 0, give her a bath, 16V head, etc. :-D

Say, a couple of the exhaust manifold threads are pulled on the head. Should I have the machine shop fix them or is the heli-coil OK for DIY? I don't think the manifold bolts have a lot of torque on them. Might be nice to check the cylinder ridges if I need to R&I the head. Then I could bore it .020 over and...

Hope to drive her for the first time in a month this weekend. Then on to the heater. What's the deal with replacement heater valves? The original is NLA and we need to update or something? Bummed about the carpet and insulation being soaked. Again. Stupid car.

Perfect / thx. No I remember why I didn't replace it. $144 / whew. And, of course, now I wish I had. I'll pull the interior trim and give it a good look once she's running again.

I know! Eek. I need to replace the Wife's heater valve as well...Been trying to put it off, I guess until I get done with the Walbro 255 pump install(because free, lightly used pump)

Nice. You ever replace that plastic fuel line? The worst. I ended up flashing the ends where the barbs go in with a propane torch to get them to slide on. Melted several. So far no gas leaks. #crush.them.all

Nice. You ever replace that plastic fuel line? The worst. I ended up flashing the ends where the barbs go in with a propane torch to get them to slide on. Melted several. So far no gas leaks. #crush.them.all

I've done it before, yes. Thankfully I'm doing away with that little dinky section between the main pump and filter. I will take many pictures and might even do a good write-up on the entire process.

Got my new speakers installed...

26908088_1579901718767384_160247860928405714_n-M.jpg

:zeeall:

She drives great!

Shifting is improved, noise is reduced, no crazy bearing rumble in fifth gear. Very happy.

I'm going to tentatively say that the poly front bushings have reduced the tramlining. I only had a short run at highway speeds, but even around town the car felt more settled across the pot holes and studded tire troughs. I'm hopeful.

While the rubber bushings "looked" ok (well...), they were likely very soft. No apparent increase in NVH with the new bushings. With the shifter foam and new trans, my passengers agreed that the car is quieter. You could even hear the radio in fifth. Amazing.

I've got some used poly torque rods for the rear. Swap the heater control valve. Power steering.

I think I'm in a good place. Looking forward to actually driving the car.

6D2D7A55-C106-4E1D-86B9-4EC20008AB8A-M.jpg

Back