• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Fabled 240 Cup Holder Arm Rest, and Other Misc Parts

volvofan1990

Went to the Junk Yard today and pulled off a few parts from the 240's. Paid 35 for all.
This includes the fabled 240 cup holder arm rest, one really nice tail light, a glove box that isn't saggy, two oem rear mats, and a ht 204 cover if I did not forget anything.

Can anyone tell me more information about the 240's that came with the cup holder armrest? From what I understand it was a 93 only feature, thus making it somewhat of a rarity. Pictures provided to supplement post.
240armrestcupholder.jpg

I installed mine in my 85 retaining the old seatbelt buckles. I hate it most of the time. Rattles like balls in a loose vagina.

Put anything in the back and your armrest tilts back spilling contents ( if nothing is in front)

Almost everything except cans doesn’t fit into the holders. The supporting brackets that fold into the opening are too close to the opening. Remove them and risk breaking the cup holder off

Most of the time I shove my drink between seat and e brake

Put anything in the back and your armrest tilts back spilling contents ( if nothing is in front)

Almost everything except cans doesn’t fit into the holders. The supporting brackets that fold into the opening are too close to the opening. Remove them and risk breaking the cup holder off

Most of the time I shove my drink between seat and e brake
If you’re occupying both front cupholders, it makes it impossible to shift into gear 2 and 4. So best to only use it on the highway. Mine is cloth design and only has cupholders in the front. It does not rattle unless I have a drink in it that doesn’t hold the support bracket underneath still.
Sounds like I wasted 5 bucks on the arm rest. lol
No you didn’t. They’re nice to have. In good condition I’ve seen them bring in $100 or so.

My 240 is an auto, but it was the lowest mileage on the market at the time when I was buying, the sticks all had 250k+ :wtf: its a 90 with 114k when I bought it. About 10,000 more than that now

I don't slide the tray all of the way out. Just enough for one cup. No rattles.

I wish I had a cloth one instead of the solid one. But I have what I have and it works great.

The style that mounts to the center console can be problematic on wagons. IIRC the armrest needs to be down to have the rear seat bottom flipped up. It can make driving awkward especially with a manual transmission. The style that mounts to the drivers seat doesn't have this problem but they don't have a cup holder and are less ergonomic.

The style that mounts to the center console can be problematic on wagons. IIRC the armrest needs to be down to have the rear seat bottom flipped up. It can make driving awkward especially with a manual transmission. The style that mounts to the drivers seat doesn't have this problem but they don't have a cup holder and are less ergonomic.

I have a wagon. You can't use the rear side when the back seat is folded. The arm rest does not need to be moved to fold the rear seat.

Man, if you've got two cans in there, that's a hell of a lever arm. Can the thin steel and plastic support that much without bending or breaking?

I've had 2 large steel coffee cups and 2 12 ounce coke cans in mine with no problems. My coffee cups are like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Ounc...rd_wg=6Xegy&psc=1&refRID=JF7S1E2S24N037V4ZPVE

Back