• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rob Prince's 242 Resurrection

What the hell happened Andy...I've heard various references to this, but don't know what it's all about. Did you stack the ARRRRR or something?

cheers

James

On the subject of hitting walls - thanks again Rob for letting me ride along during that run at SE. The craziest ride I've ever been in my whole life. I was surprised the car came out with the amount of damage it did, for some reason it seemed much worse when we hit the wall.

your car is ****ing badass and it has really inspired me to get off of my ass with my 244

I agree with pat, this car has definately inspired me alot on my 242. hoping to make mine into a drift/daily driver as well. great car man, what turbo are u running by the way?? love the manifold/header set up for sure. good luck with getting it back to where it was man.

brian

Ouch, drifting be hard on cars, seems almost criminal to treat a 242 like that.

Still, there is something pure sex about a flat black 242 built purely for function...

Are you having any problems with the hood flexing at speed? I removed the center support and my hood tries to rip it's self off the car. But I am also using the stock latch. Will be switching to pins when the flathood comes.

No, I haven't had any trouble with the hood flexing. Especially after that time I forgot to pin it down, and it ripped right off!!! Still haven't installed the replacement yet :)

new pics... of the new hotness. I'll let Rob give the details which im sure he'll do once he regains the abilty to type after deadlifting a T5 11tybillion times lol

IMAGE_026.jpg

IMAGE_028.jpg

IMAGE_029.jpg

IMAGE_030.jpg

and old and busted being parted out:
IMAGE_032.jpg

then left to rot in the middle of the floor :-(
IMAGE_031.jpg

feel free to remove that "old junk" turbo and ship it to me... :lol:

didn't expect silver but i'm dying to see finished pics

Back