• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

thelostartof LH 2.4 Chip Feedback Thread

Been running these for many months now, The chips run great no issues no codes no problems at all. That is because I dont have anything outstanding wrong, chips pull hard to 6500 not a miss at all ... however I do feel the car does pull better with freds EZK. May change back soon and try compare the difference.

i dont know much about these chips, but im guessing that mike as designed them to work as a pair. not sure if it would be a good idea to miss match them...?

and sometimes thats the price you pay to gain power in one area, you lose a little in another. once you get that holset on, and you are able to pull to 6500, you're not going to notice **** about freds ezk.

Ezk computers don't learn, so swapping back and forth for will not cause you to lose anything. Fred didn't design the Hi-tuning chips and neither did Mike didn't design the chips he sells either(CORRECTION: The chips Mike sells now are indeed ones that he was involved with the testing and design of. :)). They may have had some input, but they aren't the designers. Regardless, running the Hi-Tuning ezk chip with the "TLAO" fuel chip will not cause problems, except(!) for maybe a lower redline due to the rev limit in the new ezk chip being factory. In that instance, you will have spark cut out before fuel cut and the tach signal will go wonky, etc.

Definitely worth a try, but I'd be surprised if you like the Hi-Tuning chip better.

Last edited:
... but I'd be surprised if you like the Hi-Tuning chip better.

I agree with this statement. The TLAO chips have been proven to produce results, while the other chips appear to essentially simply move the rev limit.
I don't recall seeing any evidence that they were an upgrade over what came stock in the 940 turbos iirc, but I may be wrong - if so I'd be curious to see some examples of it, since I have a set.

The Hi-Tuning chips don't change the rev limit at all.

Inside the ignition chips, there are four possible maps that the cars pull information from and sometimes tuners modify the wrong maps making their chip maybe not any different from stock. I don't know if that is the case in any of the chips talked about, though.

The Hi-Tuning chips don't change the rev limit at all.

Inside the ignition chips, there are four possible maps that the cars pull information from and sometimes tuners modify the wrong maps making their chip maybe not any different from stock. I don't know if that is the case in any of the chips talked about, though.

Didn't know that. I had been told that the hi-tuning ones were essentially stock with some adjustment to the rev limit, that was maybe misinformation I guess?
They don't seem to do much of anything at all though, as far as I've found.

Ezk computers don't learn, so swapping back and forth for will not cause you to lose anything. Fred didn't design the Hi-tuning chips and neither did Mike didn't design the chips he sells either(CORRECTION: The chips Mike sells now are indeed ones that he was involved with the testing and design of. :)). They may have had some input, but they aren't the designers. Regardless, running the Hi-Tuning ezk chip with the "TLAO" fuel chip will not cause problems, except(!) for maybe a lower redline due to the rev limit in the new ezk chip being factory. In that instance, you will have spark cut out before fuel cut and the tach signal will go wonky, etc.

Definitely worth a try, but I'd be surprised if you like the Hi-Tuning chip better.
Correction: The products that Mike sells now are different from what he was originally offering based on the testing he's done with people on the board and locally. So, he IS involved in the development of his chips. :cool:
Didn't know that. I had been told that the hi-tuning ones were essentially stock with some adjustment to the rev limit, that was maybe misinformation I guess?
They don't seem to do much of anything at all though, as far as I've found.
Fred was hesitant to offer a raised redline due to the liabilities involved and it being harder to implement over a larger range of computers. Recent advancements in LH2.4 tuning have made it easier to make changes and have them work in a larger number of computers.

I was doing some testing for the NA chips that Fred/Hi-Tuning was selling and they were very conservative. There was one chip that I used that he sent that I noticed a definite change with. It wasn't what they ended up using as their main product though. I never did any turbo testing so I can't comment on that. I should actually see if I can find my old chips from him and look at the tunes, myself... Hmm.

i dont know much about these chips, but im guessing that mike as designed them to work as a pair. not sure if it would be a good idea to miss match them...?

and sometimes thats the price you pay to gain power in one area, you lose a little in another. once you get that holset on, and you are able to pull to 6500, you're not going to notice **** about freds ezk.

I do know that the rear tires would break loose like a mother pulling from 2k in first with freds and then pull my ass till it bounced off the tack ... honestly these seem to have a hard time doing that even with older tires and up top my settup cant really utilize where mikes start to come in with the higher rev limit. not sure if something is off on the car now .... I do know that I dyno'd almost the same as the example above with freds and this was with a milder setup and 15 psi on the stock/mani 15g, in hot weather too. I hear ppl on here run freds spark and mikes fuel and it works nicely. Maybe LH likes the freds tune better for the ezk. Ill keep Mike fuel tho bc ppl do have great results with big turbos and bigger injectors w/ them.

im hoping for a decent gain with these, im running 15psi on my baby 13c haha

I do know that the rear tires would break loose like a mother pulling from 2k in first with freds and then pull my ass till it bounced off the tack ... honestly these seem to have a hard time doing that even with older tires and up top my settup cant really utilize where mikes start to come in with the higher rev limit. not sure if something is off on the car now .... I do know that I dyno'd almost the same as the example above with freds and this was with a milder setup and 15 psi on the stock/mani 15g, in hot weather too. I hear ppl on here run freds spark and mikes fuel and it works nicely. Maybe LH likes the freds tune better for the ezk. Ill keep Mike fuel tho bc ppl do have great results with big turbos and bigger injectors w/ them.

Stop talking and start swapping. It takes as long to write your post as it does to swap ignition chips. Try it!

in your 244? i have ford 42 lb inj, ipd cam and 15psi. what do you think i could expect hp wise?
If it's running well, 200whp-225whp. Really though, you need a larger turbo and if you don't already, a 3" exhaust. Mike's chips may be too rich with the larger injectors you're running without actually having a turbo that flows on there. :)

yea i want a new turbo but i dont have alot to spend. exhaust for now is stock cut after the cat so its not to loud to attract cops. open dp was to much haha.
If it's running well, 200whp-225whp. Really though, you need a larger turbo and if you don't already, a 3" exhaust. Mike's chips may be too rich with the larger injectors you're running without actually having a turbo that flows on there. :)

in your 244? i have ford 42 lb inj, ipd cam and 15psi. what do you think i could expect hp wise?

probably around 200-220 whp. Is it a +T or is a turbo block, i know someone on here that had a +t, 60/63 garrett, browntops, and 15psi and it made like 220whp or something like that.

probably around 200-220 whp. Is it a +T or is a turbo block, i know someone on here that had a +t, 60/63 garrett, browntops, and 15psi and it made like 220whp or something like that.

turbo block, im suppose to be getting a 740 t3/t4 sometime soon for cheap. from what i found its better then the 13c correct?

just get a Ebay 57 trim to4e thats what im running, and have had very good results with it. with that turbo block the compression is 8.7:1 as opposed to the N/A block which is 9.8:1. So more then likely to be around the 200whp range if you were to put a 57trim that is if everything is working right. Figure that engine only made like 168hp at the crank from the factory.

Back