• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

TD04 stud sizes

Sweep

I managed to sheer a stud on my 850 T5 whilst changing to a 16T (I have a Holset equipped 940 too so don't shoot my FWD daily), does anyone know the size of the studs? The ones the turbo flanges use. I know they're M8's but I'm in France until the weekend so can't measure the lengths.

Ben.

Sorry, don't know.
BUT you could just phone up FRF Volvo and order the actual part to be delivered to your house in time for your return. I can't image it actually costs much. I've always been surprised at how reasonable parts prices are from Volvo.

m8x1.25, OEM are 45-50mm. I'd shoot for longer rather than shorter... 55mm won't hurt but 40mm definitely would. Ideally, get OEM stud and OEM nut, because a regular nut will vibrate and back off. The OEM nuts are squished a little bit (not perfectly round) to grip the stud and prevent vibrating off.

Here's a little secret... Find a picture of an OEM stud online and count the threads, multiply by 1.25 (if they're m8x1.25, like in this case). Viola, you have the length of an OEM stud without having to have one in hand. Works for bolts too.

m8x1.25, OEM are 45-50mm. I'd shoot for longer rather than shorter... 55mm won't hurt but 40mm definitely would. Ideally, get OEM stud and OEM nut, because a regular nut will vibrate and back off. The OEM nuts are squished a little bit (not perfectly round) to grip the stud and prevent vibrating off.
Yes I did notice the nuts are a sort of captive nut, definitely be getting some replacements.

Here's a little secret... Find a picture of an OEM stud online and count the threads, multiply by 1.25 (if they're m8x1.25, like in this case). Viola, you have the length of an OEM stud without having to have one in hand. Works for bolts too.

That's excellent, I'll be keeping that locked away for future use thank you!

Back