• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Weird launch control

Wesdunns70t5m

So I always seem to get more responses here in the performance than the repair section, and the repair part has been complete anyway.

The car in question is a 1990 765 with the wasted spark conversion board installed. I?ve had the board installed for a month of two and haven?t had any problems. I?ve also been using the launch control feature this whole time without problems.

Anyway, this morning I noticed I had no brake light action so I replaced the blown fuse just to have it blow again immediately. I grabbed some 20a fuses since the store didn?t have any 15a ones and now the brakes lights are working again. However, I?ve lost my launch control now.

I?ve got the launch control hooked up to a toggle switch in series with the brake switch. I took the toggle switch wire off the brake switch and attached it directly to ground and everything works as it should. Back on the brake switch and nothing again, but the whole time the brake lights are still working. I?m truly confused at this point and have no idea what could be going on. Any and all ideas/advice is welcomed and appreciated. Thanks all in advanced

Back