• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

I joke.

Car Is running great. MBC seems to bring in boost earlier. So much fun.

Trip to the coast this weekend. Saw 3400 lbs on a roadside scale with two occupants and luggage.

Met a guy that put 500k on two different 240’s back in the day. Pretty cool.

Going to try and introduce momma to driving a stick. If she breaks it I get a T5.

Exceeded 350 on my IG for the first time. Pdxvolvo. Volvo geeks are everywhere.

8356EF99-17E3-4566-9AEB-A83A218ECC36-M.jpg

61D29E80-C9B0-4BC0-BA85-A6B41F3D3CDE-M.jpg

Last edited:
M47 is leaking front and rear. Do these have a vent that may be plugged causing internal pressure?

Stupid car. I’m getting a Mustang Bullitt.

149 hp at 4800 rpm and 10.9 psi boost. Torque very flat at 169 lbs. Air / fuel is good at 11:1 but gets fat over 5k. Very happy.

IMG_0882-M.jpg

IMG_0885-M.jpg

IMG_0904-M.jpg

IMG_0906-M.jpg

The last image shows the before (B230 NA) and after (B21FT). We went from 111 to 149 or 38 HP. Torque went from 133 lbs to 169 lbs.

Last edited:
What turbo? I was thinking 150-160 when you posted the 250 joke. Definitely needs more timing. With that torque curve and afrs, I’d say ignition timing as well... or megasquirt it.

It's stock 240t except for lh 2.2 for fuel control and an ipd cam. Nice to see that peak torque comes in nice and early though.

Car drives beautifully. Well, aside from the transmission from a tractor. I believe we put the cam in 4* advanced. This was not actually measured with any gauges. Just put it in that slot on the IPD cam gear. At some point, if more top end were desired, maybe try her at 2* advanced or straight up for more top end?

I think we have the ignition timing at 12* advance. No apparent detonation. Ever. Are we thinking that there may be gains by bumping this up to, say, 14*?

Maybe this summer I'll do the oversized down pipe thing. The turbo could use a refresh as I'm seeing oil in the intercooler hoses. I would like to try out my fancy ATP waste gate housing.

The sun came out and the roads cleared yesterday. Spring is finally coming.

IMG_0883-M.jpg

There’s probably some up top gains by bumping timing to 14-15, most likely gains in toying with the cam. Since you’re not running out of fuel, I’d turn up the boost, try it, then move to timing, then play with the cam.

Back