• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vintage 140 torque specifications

Ruby144

Hey everybody, doing the suspension on my 1974 144.

I?m working mostly off of Green Books, which have plenty of torque spec info, but I can?t for the life of me find any numbers for the rear suspension.

Does anyone have any hints?

Thanks for reading!

To-Spec-detail_grande.png

Turn ’till you hear CRACK, then, back a quarter turn.

In all seriousness the haynes manual for my 122 has numbers for the rear. Maybe the 140 version also has them.

There are guides available online for torque based on bolt size and other characteristics. Search by size and grade and you should be able to find good numbers.

Haha, thanks for the input everybody. I’ll see what I can find in the way of Haynes manuals and online Bolt/torque databases. Failing everything else, I’ll just take a trip to G?tentight! :cheers:

Haha, thanks for the input everybody. I?ll see what I can find in the way of Haynes manuals and online Bolt/torque databases. Failing everything else, I?ll just take a trip to G?tentight! :cheers:

It has been brought o my attention that the haynes manual doesn't have the torque specs for the rear suspension. I was mistaken on that.

Maybe try the green books if you can find them online?

It has been brought o my attention that the haynes manual doesn't have the torque specs for the rear suspension. I was mistaken on that.

Maybe try the green books if you can find them online?

Yeah, I found nothing in my Green Books :( but I did find them for the very early 240, which has a really really really similar looking setup so I'll probably follow those generally, use some medium loctite and Gutentight Power until I can track mine down. Thanks for the heads up!

Posted via Mobile Device

Back