• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Joined the Beige Club - '78 242DL

Neither of you guys are assholes, play nice. Arguing about who's ugly old Volvo is more stylish is about a silly as it gets.

Last edited:
Neither of you guys are assholes, play nice. Arguing about who's ugly old Volvo is more stylish is about a silly as it gets.

Exactly the point I was making.

well yeah, theres that

I suppose people look for what they want when they listen/read. I'm really not sure where you pulled out the "intent" you pulled out of my statement, but man, seems like a pretty disproportionately fly off the handle response to me. If you honestly read my post as picking a fight with you then dang, sorry.

Just because it seems pretty silly, let's look at the main point I was trying to make.

I'm styling the car the way I want it, just like you've styled yours the way you want it. ... Big deal - isn't that the point of building your own car :e-shrug:

I'm a little sarcastic, but I'm really a pretty nice dude. So let me try to re-word this: I like my Volvo, you like yours.
4205.gif
That's the point! I don't know how else to say that.

Opinions on taste are NOT fact, they are opinions. If we all had the same taste on everything it's be boring, so simmer down so I can buy you a beer when I'm down there in Davis for crap's sake.

he said something about the crutch...he wanted to pick a fight, hes got one.

Only one looking for a fight was you.

"Blackout looks cheap and cheesy" and "the chrome would look better imho" both get the same point across. One is a nicer way to say it than the other. Cameron's response was an eye for an eye.

Like I said - grow up.

Posted via Mobile Device

Only one looking for a fight was you.

"Blackout looks cheap and cheesy" and "the chrome would look better imho" both get the same point across. One is a nicer way to say it than the other. Cameron's response was an eye for an eye.

Like I said - grow up.

Posted via Mobile Device

eat a dick.

anyways, I looked at the photo again...I think (this is personal taste, of course) that if you did the taillight bezels in gloss is might help a little to break up how the rear end looks (hence, the cheap/cheesy comment, the satin taillight bezels look out of place against the same texture paint on the inset)

I looked at the photo again...I think (this is personal taste, of course) that if you did the taillight bezels in gloss is might help a little to break up how the rear end looks (hence, the cheap/cheesy comment, the satin taillight bezels look out of place against the same texture paint on the inset)

Now there's some input I can understand & appreciate, and I can see your point much easier when it comes across this way. A little differentiation to break it up is a nice idea. The bezels/housings were in pretty rough shape before I painted them & they look much better now in my opinion. I did think about doing them in matching "mojave beige" color code as the car initially. I decided that might be too much contrast right there though. Still doing them black, but in a different sheen like gloss is something I didn't think of that might work.

nice work cameron. Haven't seen this new project car.

Gives me motivation to work on my car.

Thanks!

Worked on it a couple more hours tonight and finished pulling out all the lingering KJet stuff like the ECU, wiring harness to the ECU, etc. and pulled all the wiring out of the engine bay that was still there through the firewall. Also got the brake booster unbolted and removed, unbolted the exhaust manifold from the headpipe and the clutch cable is off too. Only thing left in the engine bay is the master cylinder, steering column and fuel hard lines.

Next up is cleaning, then roughing up the whole thing with like, 220 grit then painting it. Once that is done I'll be able to finish running all the wires for the front lights up through into the cabin and hook up a battery temporarily to verify it all works right before securing all the wires and putting the fender liners back on.

Nothing says "Mr. Vader - your Volvo engine bay is ready" quite like matte black. Well done Cam. FWIW - I've been able to obtain much the same finish with great durability using Eastwood Chassis Black - with at least 48 hours dry time, followed by Eastwood Matte Clear. The ultimate durability test has been painting my custom fiberglass bumpers with it -- the front takes a beating on the highway. Has held up great and it's easy to touch up with a ---- Sharpie.

Back