• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Temp faker on 740?

Mbeas96

So I got some LEDs from superbrightleds.com that I will be putting in my instrument cluster tomorrow.
While I have the cluster out, I will be removing my "anti brake" light because it never seems to stay away..but I was wondering, and cant find anything on Google...., do 740s have the "temp fakers" like the 240s do?

If so, is it different than doing it ona 240? I would love to know my guage isn't screwing me.

I would need a schematic to know if something like the temp compensator is there. If it is it isn't a separate part like in a 240. It is more integrated and you would need to find where the input and output of the circuit is so you can bypass it. I'm sure there is probably something in there knowing how important it was to fake a real temperature reading.

working on my 240 day this week i noticed the temp gauge itself has (temp faker) printed on the top of the gauge itself, you can read it when the dash is apart maybe you're will read the same

Well, I didn't really look...I'm not to confident in my electrical skills without knowing before hand what it is/where, so I didn't bother when I switched my lights..

LEDs look good though :)

Back