• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

D-camshaft in B230FT, too much overlap?

If everyone used wasted spark, semi sequent injection and fully adjusted ignition map, there should be no problrms.

Personally I dont believe in that oldschool "chips from sweden" etc. You dont know how much ignition you have, or even when.

SA gives you power to make engine work as you want and you can see clearly what is happening inside.

What ignition timing are you running wujek? Around 20 degrees up top and 12-14 when the boost kicks in? Kind regards

If everyone used wasted spark, semi sequent injection and fully adjusted ignition map, there should be no problrms.
Not entirely true. Rods are subject to stress. When they're subject to stress in the realms of their yield strength they fatigue. When the fatigue, eventually they fail. Even if they could handle that amount of force in an unfatigued original state. Where this power/torque soft "cap" is, who knows, but it's there.

The Mazda 4 banger I use has rods that are different to, but comparable with the 13mm Volvo "big" rods and they'll do 400whp from 2.0+t short term, but those who have hammered them like that on a daily basis typically report failure within about 6 months to a year. Whereas down at 300whp they last basically forever. Where's the short term non-fatigue insta-fail cap for these? Not sure, likely 450-500whp though, I guess. Just as an example.

You're absolutely right. I'm not telling my HP are safe for this rods. We'll se in maybe one year (or much shorter ;) time. Who knows.
What I meant was that IMO most of shot engines were caused by "somehow it will be with those chips/injectors/turbos).

Still have no time to connect laptop and D/L the ignition map. Sorry.

Back