• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Comprehensive junkyard parts list w/ pictures of a B230f+t?

GratefulNed

Hey guys! I just bought my first volvo 240, a 1993 with 318k miles (minimum, probably more) and an automatic. It has a B camshaft, and other than running rough for the first 10 seconds on a cold start, and being a bit gutless from a standstill below about 3,000rpm, it runs like a top!

I want to do a +t when i finish stage 0, im shooting for a little over 200hp, mainly looking for more grunt below 3k and a bit more “pull”. Ive searched around a bit, and haven’t found a good list with pictures of everything ill need from a junkyard turbo car.

Is there a good one around? Also, what years 740’s and 940’s should i be looking for?

Thanks so much!

Dan

Last edited:
90+ 7/940

Basically, you'll want everything turbo oriented.

-manifold
-turbo
-downpipe
-intercooler piping and intercooler (from 84-91)
-lh2.4 ecu/icu
-oil feed/return (or figure out your own)
-various other rubber bits

Last edited:
I'll sell you all the turbo parts that you need but I'm sure it will be more than what you paid for the car. Or buy a parts car. Any 740 760 940 up until 91 will have the parts that you need.

Last edited:
I'll sell you all the turbo parts that you need but I'm sure it will be more than what you paid for the car. Or buy a parts car. Any 740 760 940 up until 91 will have the parts that you need.

You say until 91, but the other TB?er says 90+, so does that mean only 1990/91 740/940?s have what i need?

Also, just for ****s and giggles, how much for the complete setup?

You say until 91, but the other TB?er says 90+, so does that mean only 1990/91 740/940?s have what i need?

Also, just for ****s and giggles, how much for the complete setup?

You can use turbo and manifold from any turbo car up until 95(same manifold and turbo were used, although some manuals or se models got a garrett t25 which is pretty rare and not really desirable).The 92-95 models use a different radiator and intercooler which can be made to fit but its easier to use parts that do fit which is up until 91.

Back