• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1966 amazon estate resto/severe mod

M3 motors are silly $, Im using a volvo motor as ive one laying around, i chose to use the bmw as the trans and rear diff can take some power, and will bolt straight into any bmw of same year,

Plus im aiming for 800 ponies from my turboed six pot volvo motor, so will wipe most bmw s

M3 motors are silly $, Im using a volvo motor as ive one laying around, i chose to use the bmw as the trans and rear diff can take some power, and will bolt straight into any bmw of same year,

Plus im aiming for 800 ponies from my turboed six pot volvo motor, so will wipe most bmw s

Between rebuilding, re-rodding, re-pistoning, and sleeving the Whiteblock won't you have spent more money than on a low mile S54 while having much worse cylinder head flow, fewer and more expensive gearbox options?

I mean a Whiteblock is very cool indeed, but I hardly believe that it's cheaper in the long run when you plan on having it put out that much power.

Too expensive are bmw motors, for same price i can buy some nice bits for my volvo motor

For what ive priced up, its not too bad at all to say its power output vs a stock bmw motor

My volvo motor i paid ?350 for complete car, and still to take remains to my scrap yard for some more coin back,:)

Between rebuilding, re-rodding, re-pistoning, and sleeving the Whiteblock won't you have spent more money than on a low mile S54 while having much worse cylinder head flow, fewer and more expensive gearbox options?

I mean a Whiteblock is very cool indeed, but I hardly believe that it's cheaper in the long run when you plan on having it put out that much power.

You don't need to sleeve a whiteblock. Closed deck conversion is worth doing but sleeving isn't a requirement as long as you're using the earlier, smaller bore blocks.

Rods and pistons, that's kind of the norm across the board for anything really.

I thought so about sleeving, turbo is most costly part

A few more pics...

tacked plate to make 100 per cent

We made a start on the front end.

Cut out for strut top but fits real nice

Same as opposite side

more to follow soon...:cool:

outfit inspired by car or car by outfit

Puma top/ Nike bottom Volvo top/ BMW bottom

amazon%20006_2.jpg

Fully tuned in...

Perfect :nod:

keep comments coming as it drives us on loads,

Our main problem is new wings/fenders, they are on back order in sweden from volvo, also front panel,

Ones we ve got are badly repaired and out of shape, so lining stuff up is difficult,

Its going in the right direction, so all is ok:)

A few more....:)

Mainly of us lining its front end up, and making sure all its floor is true and in line, and it is :cool:

We cut the springs off, so we could lower it down, to make sure the wheels are central in its lowest position, and they are. :)

Cant put too many braces :lol:

Looks like an actual car now

More braces,

Only tacked in but we lifted it all up, braces worked beaut, no movement as expected :-P

Off floor

Now its all lined up, we will start to join both cars, and make its inner wings look nice.

Coming soon...... we can put it on the ramp properly and look underneath,

Watch this space !

Thank you very much, it will be a piece of cake from now on in.

All hard work is done now, i think we ve used about seventy five cutting discs, and some sabre saw blades, you have to de construct, before you can re construct,

We are now on with the reconstruct bit ;-)

Some more will be done by same time tommorrow....

A few pics.......

We started to re construct its inner wing and A panel:cool:

panel getting cut.

Before.

Looks ok to me, still more to do, bits to trim and grind down,

opposite side.

Seam welded from inside, its like a battle cruiser now,

More to be done tommorrow.....

This is so awesome. That last photo gives me flashbacks of almost burning my car to the ground when I was welding in a new trans tunnel.

Yes we d a couple of small fires, sealer etc... just off to do a bit more :)

Can anyone post a link to a thread i cant find from a day or so ago ?

Its someone commenting on a 2 door amazon, about what to do with theirs, and they put a picture of one sat on a nissan skyline, wide arches, looks like something ken block would drive ?
Dark coloured ?

Last edited:
Back