• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rich raises the bar on the 7/9 LS Turbo game - 901 RWHP!!!

I guess some Swedish guys make 900 HP from a 'redblock' shaped object, and sometimes more. But that's into NHRA-style territory with exotic fuels and $$$$$ engine builds that get rebuilt *frequently* Veeeeery expensive.

Meanwhile, stock block unopened junkyard truck motor can be driven all the time, thrashed on with little care because another one is $$$ and a few days, not $$$$ or $$$$$ and a few months to replace.

Not to mention, the engine still has lots of power off boost, 350 - 400-ish hp off boost is nothing to scoff at.

Mine isn't a Chevy motor. It's from a Hummer.

And it's not an LS, it's an LH8. The LH8 engine code translates to 'Let the H8 flow'....

That depends how many busses fit in a 1/8 :rofl:

at least 33. it's on the internet, must be true.
giphy.gif

He must be a red block hugger. While I myself want to build up a fiarly powerful red block. For lots more power for return on investment some type of powerful V8 swap is a good idea.

That engine and trans is in some kind of parking lot. Ready to be loaded up in someones vehicle to take it all home. I too spent that much buying all the parts to buildup my powerful redblock.
Might be kind of hot.

Look how many years it took for the engineers in GM to finally get a aluminum small block V8 into mass production. Like 40+ plus years? It's no wonder that it is all the rage to install them in other cooler places like a Volvo. I'm ok with it but it's also not my path. I do like swaps.

The swap that I have is a 67 MGB GT with a period Ford 289 and 4spd in it. I look forward to restoring it. It was built by a racing engineer about 30 years ago and needs to be completely gone over. But it's going to be the little cobra coupe when done. :cool:

Last edited:
"Because its cheap and lazy that's why. Like who doesn't know they make good power?"
Why is making good power with a good motor a problem for you?

"More then half of the people on here can't even afford a good turbo."
So what? What is your point? I can afford any turbo I want and so can many others here

"Yeah I love redblocks. They do make power, I could take my 600hp redblock and pull any ls, 2gayZ at the same power level no doubt.
To each their own, we all do what we please."
Exactly, we have all loved redblocks at some point, but whatever., there are much better ways to make big power. Prove this 600 hp, Mr. 280hp Regina, looks like you are a bit short. If we all do what we please why are you such a little bitch about people using LS motors, your just trolling on a thread about a really sweet car, jealous, bored, what is your problem?

God dam that's cheap as hell

Thats really cheap. Thats what I paid for my 04 5.3 with everything with 104K miles on it. I wish this was around 2 years ago.

So I romp on my ls all day long, forget that its in 3rd gear the whole time, its only like ambient 102? outside and I still cant get the ****er to over heat. I must be doing something wrong with my ls. I think I'll go back to my super reliable lh2.4 with the occasional crank sensor signal loss that takes forever to get out in a 240. SMH!!!!

Because its cheap and lazy that's why. Like who doesn't know they make good power?
More then half of the people on here can't even afford a good turbo.

Again this is all relative for cost, but I expect most swaps are in the 3-6k range. Probably+ if you are big turbo, built trans, and dual fuel pumps... +Ford 8.8 rear eventually.

The engines are cheap... It is all the other junk that adds up.

Because its cheap and lazy that's why. Like who doesn't know they make good power?
More then half of the people on here can't even afford a good turbo.
Yeah I love redblocks. They do make power, I could take my 600hp redblock and pull any ls, 2gayZ at the same power level no doubt.
To each their own, we all do what we please. Some people build ls swapped everything, while there's people putting k20s I'm everything and I'm stuck over here on this redblock Chet.

What are the build specs on this 600hp redblock you speak of? And what trans?

Last edited:
Back