• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Project 17" arrakis on 245

I mean is it really that big of deal?

I know many of you have 17" wheels on your 240s . But I took my 80' 245 wagon to a Volvo yard yesterday bc I knew they had some 17" Arrakis w tires for $500 . The guy laughed when he realized I wanted them to replace the 14" steelies I have on with them....So In not knowing the specifics and price range of what I was getting into in order to make these wheels fit, I left empty handed. Ideally these are the wheels I've been searching for , any ideas on how much work and extra $$$ this might add if I got those wheels. Thanks! :cool:

Spacers needed. 25 and 32mm are a solid combo to create the look you want. It's what I did.

$150ish for spacers
$200-300 for those wheels with usable rubber.

Picture3-1.png

What size tires are you using . And how much did they charge to put on . Guy also said it would cost me around $75 per wheel to get tires that thin put on

Last edited:
Probably 225/45 or 235/45. Not that hard to mount. Usually $15-20 per wheel to mount/balance in my experience. $75/wheel is a joke or someone who doesn't want to do it. $75 total for all four mounted and balanced is not bad.

I had 225/45.
Do yourself a favor and find out where local car club guys get their tire service done. Make some connections. Sounds expensive out by you!

Ok! I'm pretty stoked I just got a set of arrakis for 100$ with 21/50/17 tires . Will these be easy as 225/45 to clear. I'm not so sure.

Also what about 28mm and 32mm spacers on the back . Any ideas if that will clear ?

Thanks again. I'm just glad to finally see these rusted steelies off.

That'll work fine, 225's might bulge a little more at the bead than some of us may like but they'll fit no problem. I've got 225/45's on Thor (17x7.5 et49) on 25mm front 32mm rear, they fit great.

Just checking in to see how these wheels turned out. Just found a junker s80 with clean-ish arrakis?s. Going to buy 32mm spacers!

Back