• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Re-finishing some Dracos

BeaverMeat

50465785286_d6f132a918_c.jpg

Doing a custom paint job on my rain/winter tire Dracos to make them look like a multi-piece. Turned out better than I expected. This is my first time painting wheels.

What Volvo center caps fit the center bore of these wheels? Going for for exposed chrome nut look.

Last edited:
WWD = Wrong Wheel Drive (or Front wheel drive)

The wheels as offered on 850 Columba wheels have a centercap that will fit, or so I've been told (but have not verified).

lol

That?s what I thought. Wasn?t too sure, I?m a new guy here.

Depends if I can find a set. I may just get some cheap generic ones and slap a Volvo sticker on them.

I used PVC pipe caps on my wife?s RAV4 winter steelies.

why not fix the curbrash ?

That’s the plan after I find a clean way to remove the paint to polish and clear the bare aluminum. So far the chemical paint remover attempts have been deemed unsuccessful on my practice rim. The clear comes off but that paint is a bitch. Next step Is good ol’ sanding the crap out of them.

Last edited:
That?s the plan after I find a clean way to remove the paint to polish and clear the bare aluminum. So far the chemical paint remover attempts have been deemed unsuccessful on my practice rim. The clear comes off but that paint is a bitch. Next step Is good ol? sanding the crap out of them.

You?re starting with the horses ass by painting the center first

Raise the rear mount the wheel on the axle, start car and use sandpaper

Don?t stick your dick into it ... do not!

You’re starting with the horses ass by painting the center first

Raise the rear mount the wheel on the axle, start car and use sandpaper

Don’t stick your dick into it ... do not!

I’m not polishing the inside of the drum. It’s too much of a pain in the ass... so I’m half-ass’n it and just polishing the outer lip with the Dremel after I fix the rash. Good enough... these wheels aren’t perfect anyways. I only have $120 USD total invested. That includes wheels, wheel cleaner, masking tape, and paint.

:nono:

Dracos are the redheaded stepchildren of the Volvo wheel family and as such they don't get the gold paint or any profit.

lol. I was going to paint then gold or bronze originally. My 8 year old said black would look cool as “It would look like an old Porsche 911 wheel”

I’ve been offered some Hydras... those would look good with gold or bronze centers. Crap... I may have to buy them. You see, I’m bit of a wheel whore. lol

I’m searching for a set of Rigels or Coronas for a set of studded winters.

Last edited:
I’m not polishing the inside of the drum. It’s too much of a pain in the ass... so I’m half-ass’n it and just polishing the outer lip with the Dremel after I fix the rash. Good enough... these wheels aren’t perfect anyways. I only have $120 USD total invested. That includes wheels, wheel cleaner, masking tape, and paint.
Spent not invested,

Use a Dremel on your PP or the $120 will go up to $200 on dremel accessories

Back