• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 trailing arm bushings...

BeaverMeat

I don't have a tool and I'm too cheap to buy one... thought about making a tool... again, I'm too cheap. (this year's car budget is maxed due to engine rebuild :-()

Looking for super cheap-ass methods and suggestions of removing and installing these bushings.

What have some of you guys done to accomplish this feat with minimal tools?

Right now I am thinking hacksaw, wood, heat, and hammer.

EDIT: I am installing those fancy conical doodads so I don't ever have to do this again... and OE replacements are unavailable.

Hmmm

I read that... still lacking “precision” tools (and bench space) to accomplish the fabrication. I suppose for the “milling” of the cap I could two-hand it with my drill and dremel. lol

I guess this may be the way to go... will need it to install the new ones.

Edit: Re-read the OP. Take up a second job? Sell some stuff on FB/Kijiji? Were talking about like 20 bucks here...

Last edited:
I was able to make that tool with a bench grinder, angle grinder and drill. Nothing special. If you're installing poly bushing just burn the car to ground, I mean just burn out the old rubber and chisel the metal away.

Back