• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Best head for b23f na build?

Yaboy_chun

Im brand new to the site and to the volvo world. I have a 1983 240 dl with the b23f and I want to build it Na. I'm also looking for some high revs. I know I'm not really going to make any power and I know that. My main concern is just revving high as possible. Wondering what the best head and other parts would work.

You'll have to get rid of lh2.0/2.1. As far as I know theres nothing to be done about the rev limiter. I'm in the same boat. Lh 2.4 swap? Microsquirt?

My main concern is just revving high as possible. Wondering what the best head and other parts would work.

Don't take any offense at this but I think it's one of the dumber ideas I've seen around here in a while.

There's a reason these things have a rev limit... big heavy pistons and chunky rods don't make for high rpm vtec madness.

You don't want to be looking for a head, you want light weight rods and pistons.

Boost or go home

Edit: free rides to any n/a power wannabes, even stock boost levels leave the atmospherically induced cretins lusting

Having dealed with enough turbo cars in my life. I just don't want the problems. I know I probably won't even touch 150hp but I already addressed that in my original post.

Still dumb idea... see reasons listed.

Install a manual transmission. It’ll have no power but will seem faster.

Boost or go home

Edit: free rides to any n/a power wannabes, even stock boost levels leave the atmospherically induced cretins lusting

Agreed. The only "true" replacement for displacement is forced induction. So, its either a v8 or a turbo if you're looking for a notable power increase.

Boost or go home

Suuuuuuuuuure.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uTejigznA_0" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

All I see on those videos is conservation of momentum, I'm sure a turbo would make those cars much harder to control in those low traction conditions. IOW, it you can't handle the power, stay in the dirt.

shave Head. 60 attack the ports with a grinder have bigger valves installed, some isky springs,lightweight retainers thin head gasket, and or zero deck block, custom grind cam from John-v then a big fat nitrous hit , then rev to the Moon till the rods come out also i would recommend 4:56 or 5:13 rear gear and a header

Last edited:
Back