• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Official LH2.4 EZK Wasted Spark Conversion - Installation Instructions

hmm that could be an option. but there are not many cars at the scrapyards over here to pick them from :/

hmm that could be an option. but there are not many cars at the scrapyards over here to pick them from :/

I can get you a 3 pin connector and some new terminals for the Bosch coil (I could also get the 7 pin one for a Bosch power stage) but I don't have access to MX5 bits.

still looking for the bosch 2x2 motorsport coil connector and the mazda miata ignitionmodule connector.

ANYBODY? just got the spirit over me again to start finishing the engine and get it in the car... ASAP... :) but need the connectors before i can do that...

Hi, just found the connector and wires for the Bosch 2x2 motorsport coil.

partnr for the connector: 977929
partnr for the wires: 30656689 (need 3!)

can be found in your local volvodealer. or ordered there :) not expencive either! :)

Tried to figure out the places to weld the wires on the board, as my board don't have the markings on it.
can anybody confirm that i have got everything correct here? if so. wohoo... and if correct and anybody else thinks this is helpfull, please say so :) and if anybody need the diagram in full size 1900x1438 pixels please pm\email it and i will gladly share it.

the wire thickness and colour matching the Miata/ MX5 ignition module writen down also on the picture along with some other usefull stuff for my own use also.
thought this could be a good way to visualize it better for my self in the first place. if it is all correct that is?

BTW: should the Bosch 2x2 coil be grounded in some way??? and constant 12V or 12V switched?

The Bosch coil gets switched 12V. The other two pins handle the return current through the primary windings, so no need for extra ground wires.
ok. thanks.

So i just bolt on the Bosch Coil to a metal bracket to the chassi, no problems?! :)

hooked up the bosch coil and J702 unit tonight.
2wires for input from Buchka WS Board, 2wires for output to Coil, 2 wires for 12V Switched power and Ground and 1wire connector for the Tachometer. installing it all behind the firewall is the plan. completely removing the wires forward to the original coil and ignitionmodule. Will try this on my FK engine before installing the 16V Turbo so i know it works as it should :D excited!!!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&notif_t=like

just put togeather a complete HOW TO hook it up guide in pictures at this link now will put togeather a video later on to see. it works amazing! i think even that my engine is pushing more power now thanks to the wasted spark system... just ripped the grip on 3rd gear with my tuned FK+M90 in my 242 on the freeway from 70-140KM/H continously spinning all the way up. Amazing stuff :D

if any inputs, please give it

What the hell is that AMM doing in a boost hose?!

hi Boris
in theory it should not matter, airmass = airmass, regardless if it is measured at atmospheric pressure or at boostpressure. I am not really sure if it works that way in practice.
the benefit: shorter distance between airmass measuring point and ignition/injection points.
This should make for faster response to changing throttle inputs.
the downside: the AMM might gets contaminated by oilmist coming from the turbo and crankcase ventilation. (clean more often?) This contamination could throw of airmass measurements which could cause bad AFR's

Interesting to know considering i thought i needed to cut the LH2.4 loom off a 240 N/A to get my AMM in place.

well... my AMM is running quite well this way, and it is a common way to do it here in Norway, althoug i guess it is a 50/50 split on how many run it like this or lengthen the AMM wires to the Turboside.
no problem at my car like this. and i am using a separate oilcatchtank so that will take up some of the unwanted oilmist before reentering the turbo intakehose.

My AMM is also there in my 940. computer seems to respond a little faster and i was able to put a non recirculating BOV between the intercooler and the AMM without having any problems.

Edit: When and if these ever go on sale again I will be picking one up.

Last edited:
Back