• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's Turbo LS 244

I made some overall adjustments when throwing the car back together. I verified tdc again and checked the piston protrusion on all 8 cylinders, they all matched perfectly. I threw the Corvette heads on and from what I gather the compression is about 10.2:1 on the engine now, the heads do not flow as well on the intake side but from what I can gather they flow a tad better on the exhaust. Also one thing to note from my research there are claims out there that the casting is better on the passenger car heads and they are less prone to cracking. I do not know if this is entirely true but I will say that the casting does look nicer. I also verified yet again that the timing offset is incorrect. When I checked it again the timing was off about 6 degrees advanced at idle. I have found with the past three times I've mechanically timed the engines and verified it that is has been anywhere between 5-6 degrees off when comparing it to the timing on tuner studio which was registering around 15 degrees at idle and the timing light was showing 21. So the car does feel a little happier with the timing set properly even without the meth kit triggering at around 10psi. I also switched to a ls9 map sensor located where the EGR tube used to go on my ls1 intake. I was noticing a issue where the watermeth would allow contamination on the map sensor when it was in the stock location at the back of the manifold. Either way the car is running and driving and hopefully I will be able to have it at the strip this weekend.

Yea I will say this, convert to a solid pinion spacer instead of the crush sleeve. Mine has been slowly crushing and now my backlash is kinda messed up and the rear end is starting to howl

Yea they are radials, when I took the Fairmont to the strip and only got the one okay pass I didn't even really sit on the converter, just stabbed the throttle, lol. I will probably do the same with this one, I really don't want to break the volvo

"Breaking **** is part of the game"

"...I really don't want to break the volvo"

Eventually, breaking stuff gets old. But watching you persevere is inspiring. Look forward to seeing you get it back together for another go at it.

It's running and driving fine now, decided not to take it to the track this weekend and just have a relaxing weekend. But February 17th, I will leave the crankshaft on the track if that's what it takes

Ended up taking a nice relaxing weekend doing nothing. I have put about 600 miles on the Volvo since the head change and no issues. I'm finding that my aem watermeth controller is intermittently staying on. So I'm going to delete that whole aem controller and wire it up to Ms like I have done on my Fairmont which works extremely well. Speaking of which I brought the turd back home!
https://youtu.be/zKqi2swIDnM

Super worn out lsd. To be honest I haven't even checked if there's fluid in it since I bought it on Craigslist. You can see the driverside delay and then lock

Got some work done this weekend on the Volvo and the Fairmont, I wired up the watermeth to trigger off the Ms and it works alot better now. I also rebuilt the whole rear end on the Fairmont. I swapped out the 2.73 gears on it and threw in a full strange spool kit. I converted to 3.55 gears and did a spool with 35spline strange hardened axles and c-clip eliminators. It should move out really good now!

I have not gone to the track with the Volvo yet. On the street it just boils the tires from a dead stab, lol. Im going to be cutting out the rear wheel wells on it in the near future and try to stuff a 275 at least in the back. The car is going to get painted so I'm going to mess with all the body work before hand obviously. And I may try and bring both cars to Davis, honestly I like cruising in the Fairmont better then the volvo cause of the comfy bench seat and stock suspension

Back