• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1966 amazon estate resto/severe mod

Wow. You get more done in a week than I do in a year. Looks like fun.

Thanks a lot, we try to crack on so keeps us positive, A small obstacle is round the corner and will slow us down, it is the rear corners, i need my friend to make me some repair panels for said area, you cant buy repair panels for what i need as it s literally dissolved away on the seams, will post pics of it, as and when,

For today a little more on the bulkhead was done, we warmed it up and shaped it just as we wanted it, more than happy with the results so far, once painted you would never even know what we ve been up to ? :cool:

Section of Amazon rear floor, we will use it later and incorporate it to keep it original :rofl:

More to come soon... :)

Been busy last few weeks, but a bit more s been done on the amazon.

Rear end now well under construction,

We made some of our own repair panels as they dont exist :)

Panel behind rear bumper was bad, so we made one

This is for left side and bends round to meet panel under rear reflector, which was made as well.

Other side is same, (turd)

We will do the other side, exactly the same process

Thanks, we feel like we are making some progress, now we can see what we re up against,

Panels weren t to bad to make, we needed to fold a side, and use a shrinker to form it, so it followed same curve as rear wing.

More pics soon

watch this space........

Geez! This is awesome work!

Are you retired from work to have the time to tackle a project like this one? :-P

Now you're going to need this:

EPxrKSw.jpg

How are you going to build your 960 engine to withstand 800 HP and stay somehow reliable? What 960 engine number do you have at hand? A B6304? These engines are not the best choice for a high output turbo T6 build imo...

How are you going to build your 960 engine to withstand 800 HP and stay somehow reliable? What 960 engine number do you have at hand? A B6304? These engines are not the best choice for a high output turbo T6 build imo...

Motor will be built very soon, it is just been mated to an M3 EVO six speed manual, and we can start to build it,

New rods, pistons, cams, valve guides, head work, crank work, big turbo, big injectors, usual stuff,

Im looking to hopefully twin turbo it, and use a smaller turbo to make it spin up quicker and reduce lag,

Same as a 2004 to 09 bmw 535d

Motor will be built very soon, it is just been mated to an M3 EVO six speed manual, and we can start to build it,

New rods, pistons, cams, valve guides, head work, crank work, big turbo, big injectors, usual stuff,

Im looking to hopefully twin turbo it, and use a smaller turbo to make it spin up quicker and reduce lag,

Same as a 2004 to 09 bmw 535d

Ok. By new rods I hope you meant forged H beam rods and forged pistons? Are you having anything done to the block itself?

Ok. By new rods I hope you meant forged H beam rods and forged pistons? Are you having anything done to the block itself?

Sorry i meant forged H beam rods and forged pistons obviously, :oops:

The block itself i may need to fit some bore liners ?

But id not even looked into any of it as A. loads of bodywork to do, B. motor is been mated up to our bmw evo trans,

Will let you know as i go.

Yeah I've seen that one. But the article does not specify which T6 engine was used from the 960 as a 2.5L version was available in Europe.

You will really have to address the bore thickness issue if you have a 2.9L motor at hand and have high boost figures in mind.

But looking at the metal work you've so far I'm sure you will do your homework right! :nod:

Can't wait to see the updates on that build!

Back