• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

K-jet.org website down - collecting info to move to alternate web address.

The work to tag all the files has stalled as everyone seems to have either lost interest or is just busy. I myself have no time at the moment as I'm organising a meet here in Australia. That's a month away, once it's done with I think I'll just spend a Saturday finishing it off, but if anyone wants to help in the meantime let me know.

Once it's all tagged I'll be able to generate a basic organisation of documents and put it all online.

I'm happy to host any info on the site here. As for the old green manuals, I cant host them locally on the server here but i could probably set up a torrent tracker link or something if people wanted to go peer to peer?

I loved the site for all the different configurations for the headlights, I was trying to figure out the best setup for my 1988 245 and he had all the information I needed for the swap to the quad round headlights from the previous body generation. I know you guys are focused on recovering the technical manuals, but if you can find the time to recreate the customization information he had posted it would help get the next generation us going.

I loved the site for all the different configurations for the headlights, I was trying to figure out the best setup for my 1988 245 and he had all the information I needed for the swap to the quad round headlights from the previous body generation. I know you guys are focused on recovering the technical manuals, but if you can find the time to recreate the customization information he had posted it would help get the next generation us going.
Ummmm, it's pretty easy. Cut cowl panel off and replace with earlier -85 version (USA), then replace fenders and hood with same. Install 4 rounds. Done. :e-shrug:

Is there any progress done ? Anywhere we can download files ?

@ropo: Can you upload a single rar file with all the pdfs temporary until the major project is complete? Never believed such a nice website would go offline, so i never downloaded them.. Maybe to a big file sharing place ? Or google drive ?

Is there any progress done ? Anywhere we can download files ?

@ropo: Can you upload a single rar file with all the pdfs temporary until the major project is complete? Never believed such a nice website would go offline, so i never downloaded them.. Maybe to a big file sharing place ? Or google drive ?

Got 1TB free space at Stack.
Will upload them and share a link in the coming days.

When I bought my 240 it came with a slew of big green volvo books. I never bothered to look at them well because Google exists. Would it help if I gave them to one of you guys lol? Ill never read them honestly.

Yes, you may give them to me!

Or . . . post on Ebay for those that might want a specific book.

The on line library is the way to go . . . if only we could get it completed.

Yes, you may give them to me!

Or . . . post on Ebay for those that might want a specific book.

The on line library is the way to go . . . if only we could get it completed.

I got them going to hiperfauto as he messaged me first and was willing to scan them. Testpoint was there a specific book you were looking for?

Hi Guys,

I'd be up and ready to help scanning in about a month. Let me know if I can help. I could also help collate scans into PDF's if there are bottle necks there.

-Ryan

I got them going to hiperfauto as he messaged me first and was willing to scan them. Testpoint, was there a specific book you were looking for?

Thanks, but I think that I have pretty much everything I need for both a 240 and 260 purchased off ebay over the years both as .pdf files and paper media.

My preference would be that they all be available on-line for those that are trying to get involved with maintaining these old treasures.

Sincerely disappointed with the results of our friends in Oz's efforts to make this information available. If they cannot host the information they should share their efforts with the several that have volunteered to do so.

Thanks, but I think that I have pretty much everything I need for both a 240 and 260 purchased off ebay over the years both as .pdf files and paper media.

My preference would be that they all be available on-line for those that are trying to get involved with maintaining these old treasures.

Sincerely disappointed with the results of our friends in Oz's efforts to make this information available. If they cannot host the information they should share their efforts with the several that have volunteered to do so.

Gotcha...im a little late to the party is the issue mainly hosting a new website or just simply hosting the PDFs?

Gotcha...im a little late to the party is the issue mainly hosting a new website or just simply hosting the PDFs?

There was a web site for many years, K-jet.org, that hosted most of the greenbooks for the free benefit of all. They suddenly shut down and deleted all the vast library of information without explanation. This current effort is to recreate and augment that information.

jamesinc volunteered to coordinate the effort to restore and enhance the Volvo information (see post #31) back in April '17. Many of us contributed our personal .pdf files down loaded from K-jet.com and other places to that effort.

Nothing published so far.

Last edited:
All the docs have been hosted for months, they're just not generally available to people outside of the archiving project, and they won't be until we finish marking them up. You're welcome to help, as is anyone else interested. It's been hard to get people to stay interested, I think they quickly realise that marking up a thousand odd documents is actually an enormous task and quit after doing 20 or so.

But we have hundreds in our spreadsheet currently, which is at least enough for me to create a generally accessible portal for accessing them.

It's not a trivial task, doing all this work, so again, save your disappointment and lend a hand, or don't.

Not sure how to help.. but, if i can lend a hand, I am happy to add to the knowledgebase (since i just got a ‘76 245 wagon, and will need help and a database to pull from);-)

Back