• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Heard some bad things about the IPD flame trap relocation kit

The IPD kit is just the stock replacement stuff from the later models, right? I have a 1991, and I have no trouble getting to the flame trap. It's right on top.

The rubber hose is absolute trash that comes in the kit. It will crack in about 30 days. I do not recommend it. The rubber they use is junk. I had one on a car that was cracked so i ordered one. Put new one on and it was cracked the same shortly after installing. They refunded my money but the hose quality is very poor.

Many years ago I used the IPD kit and it was fine. They used Volvo hose for the extended hose. That's all you are doing. You find the correct size Id hose that fits on the breather box and is long enough that it extends the flame trap holder above the manfiold and fuel rail.

Mine has given me 50,000 miles with no problems, just basic cleaning of the trap itself. I guess I need to look a little closer for cracks though if others are having issues

wouldn't this make it prone to clogging? Moving the trap away from the heat would mean oil vapor wold be allowed to cool within the trap and congeal, clogging the holes. Also this is completely unnecessary in the first place because its actually not hard to service anything under the intake manifold.

Back