• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I was too legit. Too legit to quit.

So the MC rebuild almost worked, but the pedal isn't quite right. If I can find a comprehensive rebuild 'kit' I will try again, otherwise it's time for a new re-pop

I'm not going to start a new thread for the wagon, but I wanted to officially welcome Project Blue Balls to the family :cool:

This was Dad's 'work truck' for several years, and now it is mine. Will be the work truck around here for now. Plans are unknown :D

1986 740 GLE
NA b230
Auto trans currently needs love
Blue AF inside and out

0BjmoDMl.jpg

4vXaSYCl.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, that was my fault :lol: The rear timing belt cover was turning to dust when I did the head gasket on it a few months ago. I've been procrastinating putting the new one on, but I know it needs to be done :oops:

My roommate has decided to re-join the club :cool: His last Volvo was a Black ~88 744 turbo w/ auto. This is an '85 244 dl w/ a manual. Here's a teaser, he can start his own thread :lol:

Tp2N7pdl.jpg

My motivation has been lacking a bit lately, but views like this help keep me fired up. Davis is practically around the corner! :lol:

VSjRyLnl.jpg

My roommate lunchb0x got some more dress up parts for the front end from the parts pile we've amassed :cool:

0kQosBpl.jpg

The turbo is in for an oil change and an interior detail

HosOGgPl.jpg

Decided to go halves on the purchase of the V50 with my Dad. $600. Not too shabby :lol: 108K miles. Plan is to fix it up for my Mom, pending any major mechanical issues :cool:

Lc84QDxl.jpg

nJ2TfQTl.jpg

gAj5Qyal.jpg

The door inserts have been separating and faliing apart. Disassembled them today and applied new adhesive. Next up on the interior is an aftermarket driver seat :nod:

pYqAiKql.jpg

VCYR8WZl.jpg

x0rqFJRl.jpg

upigc0Sl.jpg

Last edited:
Cleaning out the parts bin and found these bits. This is for the newer Volvo tuners, but these are the parts from my "gutted airbox". The air is still traveling through the original path, but the restrictions are removed that work well for my car here in central California :nod:

A7VVoP4l.jpg

So I gave the 744 some love, and now it's making a concerning noise in the bottom end..Might be time to part it out and put all the goodies in the wagon.

FiVrWNFm.jpg

Nn88v45l.jpg

Last edited:
Sound is still inconclusive..engine seems to be fine. Am puzzled. Hope everyone is doing well. Volvo Life :cool:

U9PWyB0l.jpg

Last edited:
Back